Sunday, November 7, 2010

Finally a really great day!

Dear Everybody,

I started this day off with a mistake.  Nan was in charge of telling me when daylight savings time ended so of course I missed it.  When my alarm went off this morning it was really dark outside and it was raining so I came down and went to work, I soon discovered I was up an hour early but even at the right time it was raining way to hard to enjoy walking.
So I just concentrated on getting appraisal work completed.  I used the time to do MLS searches for all 5 properties I was to see during the day and when I was done I just left.  The roads seemed empty so I drove to Fremont and did a driveby appraisal, then I drove to Hayward to a property up on the hill and did that inspection, it was raining hard but I had measured it before so my time out was short but very wet.
After shooting comps I left for Alameda where I arrived 30 minutes early.  I measured the exterior, knocked a bunch of times and left to shoot the comps.  The owner was stuck in Raider traffic in downtown Oakland but arrived soon after.  I enjoyed my brief time there and then left to locate a bathroom, the need was very urgent and move to the next property which was located near to the Oakland Berkeley border.  Once those comps were shot I headed for Pleasanton and arrived a full hour early.  The owners were home and anxious to get it done. 
So the day I was concerned about even being able to finish was over ahead of time with time enough that I could go to CostCo to get water, fruit, Mocha and other vital items.  Then it was back into the raid and drive on home.
When I pulled in I found that Barbie and Gerry were already here having arrived an hour earlier.  They were settled in and Starr was playing host.
They had brought food from the Spaghetti Factory for me and along with some salad dinner was very nice.  No Gerry is watching football, Barbie is doing her magic in the kitchen.  Can I just share with you that it is totally incredible to have someone here to talk with, laugh with and remember old times.  This is good.
The little bug is doing well these days and handled the rain perfectly all day.  What a joy it is with its 230,000 miles, going strong for now at least, thank you Lord.
This week is promising to be a busy one, there are more properties to see, many reports to get written, bank accounts to juggle and on Tuesday the motorhome comes back from rental.  The renters spoke to me today with an update.  Something blew when she was using the hair dryer, I told her how to pop the breaker back on, they solved the RV problem, a cable was defective and they are continuing to have a super time on their trip.
This afternoon I took a credit card number for the deposit for the next renter for Nov. 20.  I am thankful to see it used and enjoyed.
Well now I'm going to try to get something written before I head to bed but I'm so sleepy, I think I have only a few hours of sleep last night, to bed at midnight the old time and up at 6:30 the old time which was really 5:30 the new time, yikes this gets confusing.

Sending love to all,



Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment