Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Winter Settles In

Good evening,
Well here it is 9:20 already and due to the very long evenings it seems like bedtime was hours ago.  This morning all the while dreading it I did drive to John Muir in Brentwood.  This outpatient facility was where I had the upper GI.  While they could improve the taste of the barium one has to drink and the crystals were something else the whole process was over in a few minutes and was done on time.  I was having breakfast at Diggers by 9:45. And what a breakfast it was, rye toast, scrambled eggs and a bowl of oatmeal that was huge and perfect.  The decaf even tasted great, now why can't I make coffee that tastes like that in my kitchen.

It was pouring rain outside and the good breakfast helped offset the procedure, a process that yielded no new evidence, they found nothing wrong, that was very disappointing as I had hoped for an answer to the constant coughing.  Well anyway one more thing eliminated from the list.

At noon I picked up her highness Keanna from day camp and we came back to the house.  She did a variety of things and at 3:45 we went grocery shipping.  She loves to shop, she comes from a long line of shopping women!  Well even Jason likes to shop.

At 5 I took Kallie to her swim lesson.  Now that was great.  Dressed in her little suit and swim diaper she splashed and kicked doing just what her instructor told her to do.  Fun fun watching her have such joy.

After I arrived home I went back out with Ray and Lois for budget pizza night at our local place.  The salad was perfect and the pizza was just wonderful, olive and fresh tomatoes.  Of course I should have stopped at one piece and instead I came home with just 1/2 the pie for later.

Tomorrow is another day in the field, I see this Fremont monster that is the biggest house in the whole area, the owner already told me it appraised for $1,200,000 a few months ago, talk about pressure.

So that was it today, my friend Sharon, who does upper GI's at a Modesto hospital all day long was my guide and when I called her and told her I was covered with blood, she was quiet for a minute and then laughed knowing I was teasing her about the procedure.  I was.  She was right, it was nothing.

Good night all,


love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment