Saturday, November 20, 2010

Some Rain Must Fall.......

Dear Fellow Travelers,
What a busy day it has been and again the eyes are very bleary and dry.
Today started with a lovely lady removing my stitches.  While I was glad to get them out it really wasn't fun.  As soon as I left Jim's office I drove to the Oakland hills and shot 6 comps for the Wednesday appraisal.  Then I drove down to Fremont and measured an amazingly difficult three story townhome.  Then after completing that assignment I drove up to Castro Valley and did a driveby, an appraisal that does not require you to leave your car, you shoot the subject and the street, then drive the comps and beat it out of there.

I dreaded traffic coming back through Pleasant Hill but today I was blessed with smooth sailing all the way home.  Arriving home about 3:20 I opened the mail, talked to Starr and then left again for a local property.  It was getting dark by the time I completed that appraisal.  The home was large and very nice.

On the way home Nikki asked if I could help with the girls as Steve needed to leave so I gladly picked up Keanna and then Kallie. They like to play at my house, its something different.  I made popcorn and they had Jello too.  Nikki arrived shortly thereafter and later left to feed them a real dinner.  After they left I made some cheese sandwiches using the toaster oven which I covered with thin slices of tomato.  This along with a bowl of soup constituted my dinner.  I also cranked up the wood stove and enjoyed one of the pieces of wood that Jerry had supplied.  It felt good and looked great too burning away.

Now its past time for sleep.  When I went out to take some blankets to the motorhome I found the slide roof leaking badly so I quickly closed it and used large towels to sop up the water.  I guess we have not solved the slide leaking problem after all, the best solution is to keep it closed, it does not leak when it is closed.  I have a heater going in the coach to dry it out as it is being picked up by the renter tomorrow for its trip to Arizona.  What horrible weather to travel in, not fun at all.

I hope you enjoy your weekend, what a great time to cuddle as the rain falls outside.  At least I think I remember doing that at some point in the past!

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment