Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Working Sunday

Dear Family and Friends,
Where would I be without you?  I mean really, you are a big part of my life.  When one is married and is a loving relationship the two of you can just tuck away from the world and still be whole but after one is alone there is no one person to relate to, much of being human is the interchange of ideas, compliments, course correcting hints like, you are wearing that!, your sox's don't match, you are going to be late and on and on.  Try as I might I can't get Starr to speak up, she just shakes her head and wants a treat.

This afternoon I had one of those rare moments, one where nothing can come of it ever but still here it is.  My second appointment of the day was to see a home in Pleasanton.  I pulled up and saw her in the yard with a huge dog.  I pulled out my wheel, the clipboard and a card and went to the gate.  She was so lovely I could almost not speak.  She was in tights and had been working around the house, her two sons were playing a video game and one had a head set.  I found out later he plays kids all over the world through the Internet, even one of Sara Palin's neighbors in Alaska.  She walked with me while I worked and I learned her father had just died of a sudden heart attack and I got the feeling that she faced her life alone though her husband's name was on the address in legal records and in the order.  She was soft spoken, gentle and moved like a deer.  I'll not forget her soon and of course for ethical reasons I can't follow up it sure was a pleasant experience.  She was just a neat lady, now her house keeping was something else but still it was just living proof that out there somewhere there might be a future relationship, who knows and I know it would take effort which I have little time for these days.  She was blond and really took my breath away.
I just logged everything and found I had 11 to write up and 6 to see.  Well 10 now as I just finished one and shipped it out.  So there is little time to daydream about mothers of 4 children with 3 still living at home, crazy!
This is going to be a great week, Art just called from their southern home in Indio and they are doing well.  They have been hiking every day up some steep mountain that is a challenge to them and they are in great shape.  Always glad to hear that my friends are doing well.

So now its time to crash.  I've been experiencing a little pain in my left foot for a couple of weeks and some numbness in my left foot, leg and arm, not sure what is up.  I need to schedule the barium upper GI and see the cough doctor that Jim referred me to, where do I fit that in?  Oh and the dentist before this tooth really starts hurting, of course that takes money doesn't it.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment