Monday, November 29, 2010

Life plods forward

Dear Family and Friends,
Right now I am seeing red.  I was just completing a report that was due out tonight and the software would not work, seemed it expired at midnight.  Of course I sent an email yesterday asking for a new one year agreement, heard nothing so assumed that they had renewed it, wrong.  Man my flash point is fairly low these days, last night when the bread I was baking had finished I took the little loaf out and sliced off a tiny piece to take a bite and managed to bite my tongue, there was blood everywhere and pain like I've not felt many times.  I was so upset and downright angry.  Eventually some mouthwash and a night of sleep calmed the pain.  I think I come by the anger naturally.  Both my mom and dad could really go off if pushed and I can sure feel the anger rise at times.  When things are unsettled like now with the house mortgage process bogged down, Starr so troubled by legs that don't work right and my own inability to get things done when they should be done, well it is easy to get upset.  Yes I know my heart does not need to stress and mostly I can walk away from intense moments after a bit.

I guess it is really disappointing to discover that at my age I'm still so imperfect, so riddled with contradictions and disappointments, I long to have the personality of Jesus, He really cared for people, not all emotional, but did the right thing for their eternal good, He was the master of tough love, oh to be wise and calm, caring and consistent.

I've mostly cranked out work today, went to see on this morning and it turned out to be really nice.  They have just completed a huge rear deck of vinyl material and their water view is excellent.  At one point it would be have worth a lot of money, now not so much and that is the sad side of my job.  Confirming bad news day by day is what I do.

This evening Keanna called to ask if we could do a piece of her homework.  She needed to interview me about my childhood.  We ended up gathering at the pizza parlor and had a great time with Steve, Nikki, Kallie and Keanna.  Food was good, family was even better, Kallie spilled her milk and later her water but they all handled it so calmly, I was very proud of them and of course charmed by little Keanna and Kallie.  Keanna scored big tonight.  She was blowing her quarters in a machine that never gives up its little stuffed toys, just frustrates the kiddos and she grabbed two stuffed creatures and got them both.  She promptly gave one to Kallie and was very happy to beat the machine.  It was a great performance!

Well its bed time since I can't do any more work until I call and get the software reconnected in the morning.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment