Sunday, November 28, 2010

Back in the saddle again

No not on horseback, I'll let Loree handle that duty, back in the work saddle again was what I meant.  As I write the house is filled with the great smells of baking bread, the loaf is just about ready and wow it does smell good.
Ken and I walked in the cold air, then I came back to start work.  To ward off the chill I stoked the fire into action and while I had breakfast it burned bright.  I can't see the fire when I'm working but I could feel it do its job all morning long.
After working for several hours I ventured outside and took the time to get the boat covered properly, now its ready for the next storm with a little light bulb burning under the canvas to keep it dry.  Then Lois and Ray helped me navigate the motorhome into place so I could dump the tanks.  While we were beside the coach Ray had me drill out the rivets holding in the broken awning handle.  Once I came in I went on the internet and found the part, have it ordered and in a few days we'll have that problem solved.
I've managed to work myself back up from the dumps about the loan company and tomorrow will start the process all over again, trying to help them see that if they give me a fighting chance I'll make my house payment even before I pay other things.  Its always been that way for my lifetime, the mortgage payment always came first.
And so a new week is upon us.  I'm thankful for basic health, true I still cough, I have pretty severe pain in the heal of my left foot and I've stopped losing weight, wonder why?

Still there are so many things to be thankful for and people who bless me, I love the kiddos so much and their parents are pretty nice too at times, well actually great!

Love to all and please pray for our friend Carrol who lives in Lodi with her faithful and dedicated husband Bob.  Carrol's other knee is giving out, she is on chemo and they face some challenging decisions this week.  I know they appreciate being remembered in our prayers.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment