Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sadness

I guess someday I'll be able to write a happy blog again, it won't be tonight.

Last evening I noticed that Lady was moving very slow, Lady is my precious Scottish Terrier given to me on my 50th birthday.  She has lived in the background while Starr takes the lead but Lady is right there when its time to bark or go hiking.  She loves the motorhome and trips to see Jason and Jo.

When I reached down to pat her last night I did more than just pat her head and discovered that she is skin and bones, no wonder the dogs have only been eating 1 cup of food a day between them, Lady has not been eating at all.  She had a rough night and I lifted her down from the bed this morning, the first time, she always jumps.  She has laid around all day.  This morning when I was gassing up the motorhome for the renters I stopped in at Safeway and purchased some soft dog food packages and when I got home she ate the whole little serving while Starr was having hers.  But this evening when I gave her another one she only ate a tiny bit.  Just now I put a little bowl of water in front of her and she started to drink, a good sign.  My frustration is this, I can't afford to take her to the vet and have $500 of tests run.  I don't have the money and yet I makes me feel really guilty considering all the loyalty she has expressed to me over the years.  Lets just say I'm pretty tired of my present situation.

This morning I woke to dedicate time to washing the exterior of the motorhome, vacuum the carpet, make sure little details were in order.  Steve loaned me an outstanding bike rack, I mean this thing is really really nicely built.  So my renters were able to attach their bikes without any trouble to the back of the motorhome.  I was not prepared for the ordeal that followed after they arrived.  Now mind you these are really precious people, they came well prepared and could easily live for a month on what they brought.  There have been some hitches already, the awning broke a little connecting piece as I was showing them how to operate it, he did a little mistake and I did not catch it. And when they spoke to me a bit ago they could not make the TVs work right and when they were putting the slide out some of their stuff had slipped and pushed out the wall of the kitchen, whoops but they enjoyed driving it and are having a good time.  But it took them 4 hours to load up.  It totally blew my schedule for the day, I got sunburned in the process, have a sore throat from explaining everything over and over again.

This evening Lady is pretty low and I would not be surprised to lose her by morning.  When this happens after a 12 year run it hurts, just one more bad thing to happen.

So that has been my day, in between getting the coach ready, buying $100 worth of fuel, trying to help Lady I also fixed a bunch of appraisals, set up many new orders, I think I have about 8 going right now and forgot to eat until this evening.

When stuff does not go well, when you end up hurting the feelings of people you really care about, when your dog is close to death, well its a bit hard to be excited, even when my party finally is winning for a change in the election.  Now our own state is another thing, we are in a horrible mess financially, partially because of huge retirements many of which were approved by Moon bean Brown and the crazy citizens of this state can't put two and two together and elect Barbara Boxer and Jerry Brown,  insane, it was their ideas that got us into this mess and we keep them around expecting something different.  Nuts

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment