Thursday, November 4, 2010

Its quiet

Dear Family and Friends,
As I write this evening the house is even quieter than it used to be.  Starr has searched for Lady all day and stays very close to me, she is just not sure what has happened but is certainly aware of the change.  During the day I kept thinking of moments when Lady would be walking through the mud puddle rather than around it, or jumping off the bed with a might leap, she was quite a doggie.
We walked this morning and then I set to work.  Shortly there after a call came through confirming I could see a house in Manteca for a rush report.  We set it at 1 and so I quickened my pace getting the one done I was working on.  Then I left for Manteca but just before I did I went to the kitchen and discovered my cooling steel cut oatmeal still waiting.  So I ate it like that and it was great.  I made coffee this morning and I'm still getting the hang of it but today it tasted better than before.  I seem to be able to work all morning on just a cup of coffee and no sugar to have to cope with.
This afternoon I drove to Manteca and arrived at the biggest home in the subdivision.  Originally destined to have only large custom homes the builder had relented and sold 1/2 of the lots to someone else who built small tract homes, it ruined the entire subdivision, very sad.  The home I saw was 4,600 sf and it was beautiful in every way.  Very modern design with high ceilings, sleek fixtures and crown molding everywhere the home reeked of class and careful thought.
As I was preparing to leave in our conversation I mentioned that I had been a pastor, she said what church, I told her SDA and she was shocked.  She attends the Manteca SDA church and knows many of the same people I do.
Of course a house of this size and quality needs special comparables and I found very little to use in Manteca.  I ended up using mostly Ripon homes that were very similar to the subject but are located several miles away.  The end appraisal will not be perfect but its the best I can do with the data available.
This evening a condition came in for the huge home in Stockton.  I carefully told everyone involved before I started that the comparables were 18 months old so there would be no surprises.  Now of course the lender wants all new comparables.  Well good luck with that, there are not any to be had.  It will be interesting how this develops.
Tomorrow morning I'm to be in Oakland at 9 or before.  That will be fun to ram my way through traffic once again.  Then back to Martinez and then home to write things up as fast as I can.  No rest for the mildly wicked I guess.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment