Saturday, November 20, 2010

An interesting day

Dear Family and Friends,
In life we never really know what to expect next.  Let me explain this way.  I met Wes, the person who was renting my motorhome for a week, in Clayton at 12:15.  He was a very pleasant person and quickly learned the ins and outs of the motorhome.  At about 1:30 he drove off planning to attend a birthday party in a nearby neighborhood.  At 5 pm he called to say that when the party was over and he walked out to the coach to leave for his home in San Rafael the key would not open the door and nothing he and his friends did could open the door, the key would not turn the locking part of the door to let it open.  I was set to leave for Tracy to attend Michael Ahn's wedding which was to start at 5:30.  So not sure what to do I went on the internet, searched locksmiths in Concord, found one, got an agreement for him to send a locksmith out to the address and went to the wedding. After the wedding was over I found a message on my phone.  My locksmith had decided he could not keep the appointment and called it off. Wes was still stuck at his friends house.  He called AAA and they said they could do nothing.  I was about to call my service which is run by Good Sam, a motorhome oriented roadside service but Wes told me they had found another locksmith and he was 10 minutes out.
In a few minutes he called back to say that $120 later the door was open and the lock had totally failed , it just wore out.  So I went back into the reception to enjoy the meal when the phone rang again.  It was Wes and he was desperatate.  He said he was driving and there were no dash lights so he could not see how fast he was going.  I talked him through finding a flashlight I keep near the driver's seat and had him shine the light on the dash, he did and he found the control that determines how bright the dash lights are.  Wes is a big guy and his knee had brushed the dial when he was getting in to the seat.  So he was on his way, thank you Lord for working everything out.
There were hundreds of people at the reception and wedding.  I was placed at a table of old friends from my years in Tracy and it was especially good to talk at length with Dr. Royal Aaby, a truly awesome individual.  At the table was Joyce and her new husband Bill, the Hoyts and the Tom and Sharon.  How good to see these really classy people!  The reception was great, the food was perfect, Sylvia was dressed in green in a taylored dress and looked great as she was beaming at the second wedding of her sons this year.  Michael's wife is incredible and Michael looked so happy.
So now its me and Starr, she was waiting in the recliner where I had left her at 5.  She seemed very glad to greet me and was even more pleased to have one of her treats.
It has been a very rainy day today and I've had a fire this morning burning two of my precious logs from Jerry's efforts out in the woods.  What a tremendous fire they made, warm, beautiful and it helped create a peaceful atmosphere.
So now its sleep time,

Love to all and it was so great to see Timothy and Jason at the wedding.  Timothy was a perfect little man the whole time, its easy to be proud of these incredible kiddos.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment