Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The renters return

Dear Family and Friends,
Suddenly they were there, Gerry shouted, Tim the motorhome is back and my heart did a little jump.  Had the trip back turned out well, were they still happy with the week, with the rental?

So once again like so many times before I took the walk, this time out through the garage to greet them.  They were smiling and stretching.  Everything went fine, yes they learned many motorhome lessons, like when you plug into the electrical outlet at a RV park be sure to switch the circuit breaker to on, otherwise you are just running off of the batteries in the motorhome and they do run down.  They had made every day an adventure, had ridden many miles on their bikes, Steve's bike rack was a huge winner for them.  And they learned to love driving the coach, so much so that they kept commenting on how much fun it was.

So I returned their deposit and after moving everything back to their Volvo they left.  I finally relaxed.  This was a big dream, one I knew contained risks and will always contain risks but I'm several dollars richer for sharing the motorhome so at least this time it worked out great.

This morning we walked and then Gerry went with me to see a house out in the country on two acres.  The owners are facing the common question, do we sell and take a beating value wise or do we stay for awhile and let the market recover.  Then we drove to the Lakes, I was able to get in to measure the outside of the house that I only saw in darkness last night and then I came home to work. 

This afternoon Barbie made a wonderful meal with cutlets, golden potatoes, veges, fresh tomatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce.  I felt like it was thanksgiving, everything was so good and tasty.  I spent the afternoon writing reports and then this evening Gerry slipped out and came home with a carton of sugar free ice cream, wow that was good too.

Here in Discovery Bay it is raining this evening and oh it gets dark so early now, the evenings are long so we've had some time to talk and enjoy.  Last night we had a fire going with my brothers great wood.  When I went to bed I put a new log in and shut the stove down. This morning it was still there ready to explode into flame when I gave it some air so we had a nice fire burning this morning to remove the chill from the air.  Starr has loved having people in the house and I've been lifted and touched by their love and care.  Friends are so special, so life giving, and so capable of putting meaning back into life, that plus getting money nearly every day and today the health insurance hit, all $1,005 of it and amazingly there was enough money in the account to cover it, wow and I have a bunch of money to deposit yet so I do see and feel the blessings.

Tomorrow I see a house in Antioch at 9 and then come back to be ready to pick up her highness at 12:45.  Barb and Gerry are heading home in the late morning, Gerry is working on a sore throat but has been a huge help this week.  Barbie has the faucets gleaming, the sinks white and pretty, the laundry folded no less.

Since I have things to do in the morning early I'll just sign off now and thank each one of you for your participation in my life.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment