Saturday, April 9, 2011

Active grandparenting

Dear Family and Friends,
What a great Sabbath!  Up to ride the tredmill to help me wake up, then a quick smoothie and on time arrival for picking up the girls.  They both were dressed in cute outfits.  They chattered and sang songs as we drove to Tracy, then Keanna went her way where Rod led out and I took Keanna to her little group.  Kim led out in a new program which involves caring for sheep but some of the sheep are missing, Kim was not amused and I'm guessing will locate the missing sheet before long.
After SS I got to see George for a few minutes.  George is one of those people that radiates the love of Jesus and the love of people in all that he does.  He and Yvonne have just been in Alabama where he drew up and still has roots and people he loves.  He takes care of an amazing amount of details for several seniors there and they appreciate seeing him arrive.
After SS the girls had their hearts set on seeing the easter bunny who was in the mall.  But when we walked up Kallie began to be reluctant and eventually decided against having her picture taken with the bunny.  So as we walked away she waved at him.  So instead we went to the Carosel and they both enjoyed riding the horses.
Burger King was nearby we lunch was our next stop.  Then on the way out we checked out the kiddo arcade and Keanna won tons of tickets so was able to purchase several little toys for her and Kallie.
After that we walked to the van, loaded up, strapped in and drove home.  They were happy to see their parents and I was happy to see their parents as well, I am always glad to take them on adventures and just as glad to return them to their parents.  I think its a grandparent thing.
Later in the afternoon I rode my bike over to pick up the van only to discover they needed it for a little trip this afternoon so I brought Steves's Civic home and I'll return it and trade for the van on Monday when I take the girls to school early in the morning.
This evening I tackled a huge bush that Steve planted as a 5 gallon plant many years ago.  It has grown huge and has a root ball that is 2 feet wide.  Taking the sawsal to it I was able to get it cut down to the roots, now I just need to dig the roots out and I can plant some color in that corner.  I also have everything I need to install better irrigation for that corner as well.  So from tredmill, then bike ride against the wind and finally cutting and chopping on the plant I'm tired this evening.  Yet it is a good tired, one that comes from having a really great day all around.
So I'm sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment