Friday, April 1, 2011

At mba with Jo, Jason, Timothy, mia

Good evening,
After a long day I've settled in for the night in the motorhome.  Starr and I are enjoying this beautiful place once again.  Jason and family are doing well.  I have so much admiration for Jo after the weeks she has been through, up all hours with Jason helping all he can and still keep his eyes open to teach his many classes.  I arrived abut 5:45 and Mia and Jo welcomed me from their elevated porch.  Mia is growing so fast and is just this amazing baby, so fun to hold and talk to.  Then there is Timothy who is already to throw a ball, play trains, read books, sing songs.  What a guy.

I'm parked in such a way that I can see the ocean from the side window of the motorhome and if I open the windows I can hear the breakers hit the beach.  Its cooling off nicely tonight after a rather warm day.

This morning I inspected a home in Mountain House near Tracy.  It was perfectly maintained and they had a couple beautiful Japanese Maple trees that were just beautiful.  After completing that job I headed for Pleasanton to do a couple driveby reports for an estate.  Once that was done I turned for home and started loading up the motorhome.  Starr grew increasingly unhappy thinking I was going to leave her.  Well I didn't and in spite of her lack of mobility she loves to be in the motorhome.  What a great little trooper she is.

So now its time to get some sleep.  I've been up later than planned for many nights and tonight I'll do some catching up.  In a lot of ways this has been a difficult week, some of the less than ideal moments are personal in nature, others you know about, the new challenge of finding enough funds to cover a monthly house payment again.  Its an exciting challenge and I plan to meet it with increased income and spending less.

As I drove down this afternoon I was reminding myself of the security that comes from being connected to the God of the heavens.  While the world gets more and more unsettled I find I just need to check in with God much more often.  I live in this world where I have this ideal for myself, a world where I am disciplined, organized, frugal yet generous, balanced and get adequate amounts of rest, veges, fruits, water, exercise.  Yet I fall so far short of the ideal, its disheartening and often nearly brings me to just give up.

Yet I was not raised to be a quitter, to give up on life, to cash it in.  We are a family of problem solvers and so a weekend like this is so beneficial, it gives me a quiet chance to regroup, to be reminded of what is really important and then head home to take care of my clients and help with this wonderful family I've been granted.

So friends and family, lets pray for one another and hang on, Jesus is coming.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment