Thursday, April 28, 2011

Well we did pray for work!!

Dear Family and Friends,

Needless to say this has been another very busy day.  I started with the girls this morning and found a less than excited reception of scrambled eggs.  It was not the best of mornings but we all survived.  We ended up taking Kallie without her blankie, a poor ragged little piece of cloth but with so much emotional value to Kallie.  Sort of makes me wonder what kind of blankies we all carry around, I know mine is having something to eat in my mouth most of the time.  Its a blankie I need to deal with but so far its been dealing with me.  Other blankies might be addicted to work, something to think about.

Forgive me but I plan to sleep in tomorrow, I'll just not be able to wake at three to see some rich kids get hitched.  I wish them well but somehow it seems widely out of step with a world that is broke and desperate.  So can you take notes as you watch through sleepy eyes and if there is anything wonderful that happened tape it for me, OK.

The phone rang and there was a very wonderful and familiar voice speaking. Sylvia has returned from yet another epic bird watching quest.  This time from Morocco and she said that the cafe that was blown up today was a place she visited last week.  Yikes Sylvia, I know you like to live on the edge but really.  So glad she is back in one piece, had a tremendous trip and is raring to go once again.  I hope when I'm her age I'll have the energy she does..........

So now I'm going to bed, I've driven 3 hours to take a photo of someones garage, a photo of the attic and ground beneath a house and after facing the traffic and all I'm very thankful to be home with Starr.  I know the neighborhood is safe tonight, Ray and Lois have returned from a long trip to San Jose to one of their other homes.  I managed to be really helpful, who says one cannot laugh at himself,  Ray called to ask me to put his medicine, insulin, into the frig when it came as it can't stand to be in the heat.  So I checked three times and finally it was there.  I took it in to the house, opened the box and put what I thought was the medicine into the frig, whoops, I really put the freeze bag in the frig and left the insulin sitting on the kitchen counter.  Some favor I did Ray!  I asked him for a list of flowers he wanted at his services.

Well good night to all,

love
tim

No comments:

Post a Comment