Saturday, April 23, 2011

Progress

Dear Family and Friends,
Ken and I trudged our 3 miles this morning and I had just started my oatmeal when Nikki called to ask if I still wanted to take the girls to SS, well yes of course so I speeded up the eating, the shower, the dressing and took the girls to enjoy Sabbath School.  Keanna enjoyed a busy class and Kallie enjoyed being in a room full of children, it was great and Diane, today's teacher, just did a great job with everyone.  Of course their favorite part is snack time and they made those little fish crackers disappear in record time.  I got to see George and Wes as well as Loren, the Whites, Dick, Judy.  Nikki picked up the girls after SS and they went to the zoo in Sacramento and I enjoyed the worship hour although Bernice mentioned that my eyes were often closed, its true no matter how hard I tried to stay awake I did slip off from time to time.
On the way home I decided on Olive Garden where I enjoyed salad, two bread sticks (from heaven), eggplant lunch portion and Bellini Ice Tea.  For $12 bucks it was a tremendous lunch.
Once I got home I took Starr to the front yard and played with the project and by tonight had the sprinklers in, the ground covered with new soil enhancer, some little solar yard lights.  In the morning I'll plant the flowers hoping they grow and look good.  I consulted with Steve today about what I needed to do so I'm pretty confident it will work out well.  It looks so much better with the weeds gone, the ground freshly rototilled, the lights twinkling.  However I am so sore and tired I can't believe it, yesterday and some this evening has the limbs barely able to move.  Once I finish this epistle I'm heading to the jetted tub in my bedroom.  I can't wait to feel the warm currents swirling around and around.

I'm feeling better overall, less stressed and more in charge again.  The week with its long days really worn me down and now I'm feeling sore but recharged.  The hay fever is not too bad and the coughing is much better when I use the inhaler so I'm trying to remember to have it with me where ever I go.  I plan to get a second one to keep in the car too.

Sending love and wishing everyone a happy Easter.  Enjoy those people who are near to you, reach out in special ways to love and affirm that you do care.  In spite of losing Nan at this point in my life I feel so blessed with my family,  every one of them have talents, vitality, opinions, energy to burn and great creativity.  I am humbled to be the papa for this group.  How Nan would have loved to see everyone growing up and having so much success.

So I send love to family and friends tonight, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives.

Tim 

No comments:

Post a Comment