Sunday, April 17, 2011

yes I work Sundays!

Every once in awhile I get a desperate call from someone who needs an appraisal done over the weekend and to their mind that means Saturday.  We my choice is not to work on my Sabbath so I suggest I could come on Sunday, while it always works out at first there is a pause and then they go ahead and let me come on Sunday.  I saw this home in question this morning about about 11:30 and have just emailed the report to the lender now.  They are paying me $420 for this order, the highest I've been paid in a very long time and it was due next Tuesday so I'm a bit ahead of the curve on this one.

The first property today was a unique one.  Years ago a family decided to build a new home in place of the one they had so they offered their two story remodeled home to anyone willing to move it to a new lot.  Someone took them up on it and moved a two story home several miles to a 5 acre parcel in Byron.  Today I saw that home and its been fixed up really nice, an extra 3 car garage added and once again I discovered a common bond.  This young woman who could not have been more than 30 lost her husband 5 years ago in an accident.  She has struggled to pull things together and today is living a good life once again.  I enjoyed meeting her and seeing the property.  The down side was walking about the 5 acres and ending up with pretty awful hay fever as a result.  Seems my head aches most of the time now in spite of the daily hay fever pill I take and the sneezes and coughing has my entire rib cage very sore right now, I coughed a lot yesterday and today I'm feeling it.

On the way home from the Antioch appointment I took care of a driveby appraisal, it was a very nice large home on a huge site in a newer area and the GPS guided me to every comp.

This afternoon I've been working as hard as possible all the while making bread and doing many loads of wash.  Now I'm set to hit the sheets once I put them back on the bed.  Starr is signalling she ready for bed now.

So here comes the new week,  lots of important things to do this week, involving the mortgage, taxes, tax payments, mail back a book I got sweet talked into trying from Rodale, back it goes.

I'm hoping and praying for a good week for all of us.  This evening I received a sad email regarding a friend who practices law in Brentwood, I've lost my friend Scott to cancer, yet another very sad chapter in this thing we call life.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment