Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday at last.

Good evening,
Are you getting hit with hay fever?  I've been taking a pill every day for over a week and still there are times of sneezing, headaches and of course coughing.  I know, it happens, live with it, I do.

This afternoon I drove to Fremont to see a property, one that the owner had cancelled and rescheduled me 5 times.  Well once I entered I can see why.  To think that someone has to live that way is amazing.  Everywhere I moved I found piles of trash, old books, empty boxes, wrapping paper, old suitcases, junk.  I think a dumpster could solve the entire problem along with a big shovel and garbage cans to haul the stuff out, I'm not sure you can begin to imagine just how much stuff there was, the kitchen counters were piled high, there were no chairs to sit on, every room had a narrow path between piles of stuff, I'm not really sure of the condition of the house due to the mounds of stuff.  I worked on one bedroom for about an hour trying to clear a path so I could get up to the attic.  I finally had to give up, there was just too much stuff in the way.  I can understand how it happened.  Our dear owner had a stroke and for months could not do anything, has no one to assist her and is probably too proud to ask for help and the stuff just piles up.

It reminded me that we all have challenges in our lives, sometimes the mounds of stuff are emotional, sometimes are relational, or financial.  I know of no one who has such a charmed life that they never face tough times or times of angst. And so we need each other, to listen, to really hear, to lend support, to be a sounding board.  We need less advice and more listening.

Tomorrow I'm going to PUC to my 40th reunion.  There are parts of me looking forward to it and I hope to get there early enough to enjoy the services but there are also parts of me dreading the unknown.  I can hardly remember most of my class mates names much less other things about them.  Have you felt these feelings before?

Well I am very thankful to a loving God for His guidance, for the work, for the safety in travel, for the high gas prices (NOT) and for the chance to see the kiddos several times, at least the ones that live here.  wish I could see the other ones and will soon.

So I'm wishing you a blessed weekend and remember to love the one you are with.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment