Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Busy Week

Here I am complaining about being busy, well lets clear the record, I'm delighted to be busy and enjoying seeing properties and writing reports.  I've not been able to focus so intently on work for some time and it feels very good to be productive.  What is frustrating is the poor pay for services.  As I write there are active forces at work in Washington DC to try to force management companies to pay us reasonable and typical fees but of course they want to keep taking their cut, about $200 from each of our orders.  Something will have to give or there will be no appraisers left, at least no good ones.

Right now I've been working on an incredibly nice property in Lafayette with a setting that looks like Tahoe.  It has a creek running through it, deer patrolling the back yard and a totally quiet setting.  But is it worth $800,000 like a recent short sale or $1.4 million like other homes that have sold?  Hard to tell exactly what some properties are really worth.

Keanna came to visit this afternoon which also livens things up a bit.  Starr gets so excited when visitors come.  Sometimes they even give her treats which she really loves. I'd like some treats too but so far the visitors seem to forget the treats.

Tonight I tore myself away from the screen long enough to do the spin class.  Tonight was harder than last week, I didn't like the bike I was stuck with and I could not keep up with everyone else.  Oh well it was a great workout and I treated myself to a little Starbucks afterwards, nice!

So I'll get the girls in the morning, try to persuade them that breakfast is a great idea and then get started on my day.  I hope you are enjoying your days this week.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment