Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Whoops

Well as you know by now I missed preparing a blog edition last night.  I didn't realize it until late in the night.  Some silly person sipped Arnold Palmers until going to bed forgetting that they have caffeine in every sip.  So after dropping off to sleep I woke to a very long night, I had clarity of thought and worked through lots of things but I sure missed the sleep.

Sometime during the night I realized that I had forgotten to blog.  I had worked on an appraisal right up to about 11 and then went to bed.  The blog just slipped by, sorry faithful readers.

This evening I'm sitting at Nikki and Steve's while they are celebrating their 14th anniversary at UNOs, a great little pizza place we first discovered in Hawaii long ago.  While they didn't have to go to Hawaii tonight, there is one now located in Antioch which is a 20 minute drive.

I helped with the girls this morning and they were great.  I made waffles for them and small pieces of strawberry and milk.  Then it was off to school and the sitters and I eventually drove over to see a nice home for a Relocation appraisal.  You know I love those because they are the most honest appraisal around.  Everyone involved in the process just wants to know the real answer and they pay $500.  Wow, that seems strange in this current cheap fee world.

I spent hours this morning setting up orders and getting appointments for tomorrow.  I'll be in Oakland, San Jose, Crockett and Antioch so the day should keep me busy.  Plus I have lots to do in the office.  Right now I'm seeing orders like manna from heaven, only I have to scramble to keep up with the load.

I had planned to drive to MBA this weekend to bring back Jason's car to get some work done on it in Brentwood but the kiddos have become sick so not sure what is the right plan to help them the most.  Jason will be very busy this weekend since it is alumni day, a very important day for MBA and those who have graduated from the school over the years.  I don't want to be in the way at all.

This evening after I complete this blog I'll start to work on an appraisal I've been working on using the remote control of my home computer, then when Igo home I'll finish it and eventually go to bed.  I have this little project in the front yard I'm anxious to work on but so far I've just not had the time, that is a good problem though as the Lord is really trusting me with a lot of work to do.

This afternoon an order came in a text and I quickly typed accept in the iphone.  I got the order and then here came another one on the same street and I accepted that one too.  Nice to be able to do that, the first appraiser to reply gets the work and I usually don't get it, someone beats me to it so I was pleased to get the orders.

All day today the weather threatened rain but there was very little that came down.  How awful for the people in N. Carolina who have had their homes destroyed and some even lost loved ones.  Oh how we need the Lord's protection.  Keanna just prayed for Mia and Timothy to get well before she fell asleep. These are different times than in the past.  Nothing seems for sure anymore.  Yet as Christians we know a few things for sure.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment