Friday, April 8, 2011

Finishing strong

Dear Family and Friends,
On this blustery spring day I continued to keep busy.  Up and to Livermore at 8:30 this morning I inspected a nice updated little home.  Then to keep the momentum going it was fill with fuel and then head down 580 to 680 to Lafayette.  It was very interesting to watch the computer in the van register the miles per gallon.  I put a 1/2 tank in the was on the freeway in 5 minutes.  Then noting the GPS displaying an on time arrival I idled back to 65 and then 60 mph.  By the time I reached the exit in Lafayette the van was delivering 31.4 mpg.  That is simply amazing for a car that heavy to get that kind of mileage.  Of course when I left the freeway and was on surface streets it quickly dropped to about 24 mpg.  After the Lafayette appraisal was over I then headed to Pleasanton for a nice lunch date with a friend.  Unfortunately she had to leave work ill so we have to do a rain check.
With the extra time before picking up Keanna at school I went into Brentwood and had an estimate on the van for the damage caused by a piece of wood that flew up from the road when the van was coming back from Lodi.  Amazingly the estimate is over $1,300 and I've turned it in to the insurance company so I'll only have to cover the deductible.  Then it was school to pick up Keanna.  She settled in for some down time and I discovered the the comcast internet was down.  It turned out to be down the rest of the afternoon and then when it came back up the rest of the network went down.  Hours later and with help from a good rep at ACN it is all back up and working well again.  Not the way I planned to spend the afternoon time, planned to pull weeks but when the network goes down the ability to create work ceases, that is serious.

Now its time to head to bed.  Not sure if the girls are going to SS in the morning or not.  I'm going to their house at 9 am and I'll find out then.  I hope they can go, last week I was away and so were they so its good to get back to SS again.

I thank the Lord for the many blessings of this week.  I feel so encouraged by the volume of work that has come in and my ability to concentrate on getting it out.  I'm going to close tonight with some photos taken in the backyard of the home in Lafayette today,  Three deer were just totally comfortable living there and I walked to within a couple feet of them before they moved on.  Always impressed with deer, they are so beautiful, of course they are murder on landscaping and gardening.

Love  Tim



have a great Sabbath

No comments:

Post a Comment