Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An Excellent Day

Dear Family and Friends,

Home again and I've thanked our Good Lord for the safe day. 

Rolled out at 6 this morning and into the shower, my sunburned shoulders are still painful and its been over a week, I guess the skin on top of my shoulders and arms that never gets sun but did when i wore a muscle shirt was really damaged.  I can feel it when I hit the hot water in the shower.

Didn't make the walk to the park with Pooka Bear this morning and she was not happy.  Instead I went right to work doing research for the 4 properties I inspected today.  Once the research was completed I worked on writing an appraisal.  I finished one and wrote another before I had to leave for Pittsburg.

in Pittsburg I found the most boring house I've seen in a long time, it was a box on a box, no landscaping, no furniture inside, just a little shrine with two red lights glowing softly and a bed in the master bedroom, who knows!

The next home was in Piedmont, an upscale section of Oakland on the upslope, near where the Oakland fire burned so many homes a few years ago.  What a house, every angle know to mankind was demonstrated in its floor plan, the landscaping was outstanding, everything had been updated, a great property and a very gracious lady.  From the front of the home all of Oakland spread out below and the bay was clearly visible too.  We are talking at least 1.2 million!

Once I finished running around in the hills on the narrow roads that lead to these nice homes I set my sights for a different kind of home, a duet in Richmond.  Now a duet means that though attached in the middle each side is owned by a different owner.  That is versus a duplex which has both sides owned by the same owner.  This one is selling way below market and was sort of rough, the sellers stuff is still in nearly every room, looks cluttered and was hard to take photos of.

The final one of the day was a great home built on the top of the ridge above Richmond.  It has 6 bedrooms, a view and a very normal high achiever family, musicians, computer programmers, a little old grandmother living in the unit with a huge German Shepherd that I was afraid would knock her down.  Since they were all home that visit took a little longer.  Finally after shooting the comparables I turned for home.  I just had one stop to make, to take the street scene for a condo in Walnut Creek that I had missed when I was there on the 19th.  With that accomplished I headed home.

Marilyn had been out to pizza with Lois and Ray and had a couple pieces that called out to me.  So I cut up fresh tomato pieces from tomatoes that were picked yesterday on my back deck.  The pizza warmed up in the microwave with fresh tomato was excellent.

Now its bed time, today I've been turning down orders, oh that I could find a writer!

Sending love to all,

Tim

had a personal best for the year this afternoon, I felt pretty slow and I knew something was wrong.  Blood sugar was 79.  Now that is more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment