Friday, July 6, 2012

Survived San Francisco

Dear Family and Friends,
Once again that special time has arrived, Friday night and relief from a busy week.  The house is all mine this evening as the family is at the Alameda County Fair, at least I think they are.  I know they went to see Spider Man this afternoon at the movies in Brentwood.

My day took a different course.  I woke at 5 but decided I could use another hour of rest so woke again at 6 and this time got up.  I worked until 8 when Dana followed me in the bright orange rental dodge she is driving.  We took Jason's older Subaru Forester to the muffler shop I trust.  They have never let me down in my many visits there.  Today was no exception.  They called a couple later to report they could solve the muffler noise for $100 and the power steering had a bad pump, it will take three days to get the pump in and then they will install it along with a new AC belt.  Sounds like that will solve its current problems and we can get it smogged and on the road legally.  They will need it once Jason starts commuting to the train or BART for his ride to the city every day.

At 10 I inspected a very nice duplex in Antioch, totally updated a year ago and has granite, stainless steel, tile floors and fresh paint, very nice and that one paid me cash at the appointment!  Then I came home and worked until 2:30 when I needed to leave for SF to see the $1,460,000 condo purchase.  Well traffic was pretty good until a motorhome failed in the fast lane of the freeway crossing San Francisco and that snarled traffic a bit.

The unit was incredible, well it should be, just over 1600 sf and has a view every direction of the bay, the city, the tower.  Once the inspection was over I then worked the traffic to get 7 photos shot, that took another hour and then I turned toward home.  It was slow until about Treasure Island where three tow trucks were trying to get a little truck off the bridge, once we were past that we flew along and it was good all the way home, I stopped for dinner and had a cheese sandwich and salad plate, very good.

Upon arrive at home I backed the motorhome into the driveway, hooked up the hoses and dumped the tanks from the trip, then reparked it and came in to take a load off.  I discovered I wore my old shoes today instead of my regular ones, they are totally worn out and I never even knew until I got home.  Once I got home I discovered some new orders waiting which was nice.

Sending to love to all of you,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment