Saturday, July 14, 2012

Beautiful sunset

Dear Family and Friends,

So bed time has arrived once again.  I've been mowing lawns, my little one, Ray's next door, his lawn mower is buried too deep in his garage! and Ken and LeAnn's.  They are deep into Cornfest which is a two day event in Brentwood, they practically run the whole deal so the least I could do this evening was knock down some grass for them.

This morning I attended about three services, one at Sac Central Church, one at Loma Linda and imagine my surprise when one of the people offering prayer at their communion service was Gerry Friesen, the senior pastor at Central SDA which is where Nan and I came to minister directly from the seminary so long ago.  He still looks pretty much the same but the hair is grey now but his voice is still the same.  I also heard some of Dwight Nelson at Pioneer Memorial Church in Benton Harbor Michigan where we attended graduate school.  What a joy the satellite dish is when it works and today with little wind it worked perfectly.

I had a late lunch at Olive Garden which was perfect, soup and salad.  I've been monitoring my blood sugar carefully today after it started at about 200 this morning, of course it should have been about 100 after resting!  Then later I checked it and it had dropped all the way down to 177, big deal.  Mid afternoon I checked it and it was an amazing 100.  That was a cause for rejoicing, lowest I've recorded in months.  Now if I can avoid eating tonight it will be much better in the morning.

Tomorrow I'll work and then pick up Kallie and we'll go see Keanna at her swim meet at a local college in Pittsburg.  Nikki is working keeping time, its part of the deal to help and since Keanna is nearly through with the swim meet program for the year I wanted to see her in action.

I've felt very good and relaxed today, I felt the Sabbath sort of take over and it helped put lots of scattered pieces together in my thinking and life.  It was a good day.  Now to make my bed, the sheets are freshly washed, seems the washer and dryer are no Seventh-day Adventists, they worked a lot today.  Funny thing has happened.  Ever since I worked on the dryer more than a year ago to get rid of a screeching sound when I use it there is a lump lump lump sound.  Dana used it so much while she was here that the lump sound is no more.  Now it just is quiet and normal!  I also got my PG&E bill today, in the last few weeks I went from $145 a month to $415, something about a bit more energy usage!

Good night

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment