Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Good Long Day

So up at 5 and on the road to SF by 10 for a 11 appointment, broken car on bay bridge made that 1:30 and then finding parking took another 15 minutes.  What I found was what you hear about on the news.  It was a 3 unit property near downtown SF.  When we finally got into unit 1 we found people living and sleeping in every room imaginable.  Must have been 15 people living in that one unit and I'm guessing not to many legal citizens!  What a shock and we could not get into one room.  I met the owner there, a great asian lady and she was very patient but attempted to get it through the head of the person renting #1 that she needs to have access to all rooms, she ended up threatening him with firing if he did not get the keys, he even said the city of SF says we do not have to turn keys over to the owner, very tense

As soon as she can she will renovate all three units and then rent to execs at nearby Yahoo headquarters for $3,000 for each unit.  But she will have some challenging times getting the current bunch out.

The trip over the bay bridge is always exciting, wondering when the next big one will hit and knock down the bridge!  I made it back to Brentwood in time to pick up the new coil springs for the motorhome, many hundred dollars later!  Then I picked up Keanna at the club, she is going to summer camp this week and loving it.  Then we picked up food for marilyn and we picked up food for ourselves at Taco Bell, then she asked if we could do the library.  When they told her she could check out 100 books her eyes bulged.  She checked out about 8 and I grabbed an exciting book to listen to while I drive.  Then it was a trip to home and a few minutes later I left for Livermore to see a huge house, then on to lathrop where I saw a little house that backs to the tracks of a very active railroad, I mean the tracks are 10 feet from the house, not too fun.

Now I'm very tired and heading to bed.  Thankful for life, safety.  Today was a little different as I drove the Subaru to the city, my car is getting a new glow plug harness and relay so it will pass smog.  That is only costing about $650, yikes, everything is costing a lot these days.

Sending love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment