Sunday, July 1, 2012

Back home again

Well as you know last night was actually this morning when I got home from Ben Lomond and the incredible wedding.

This morning I was up at 7:30 and out at the motorhome, I needed to retrieve the tow dolly which was parked away from the motorhome, having no other trailer hitch I tied a rope to the toy dolly and with the motorhome I gradually pulled it to a place where I could connect it using the trailer hitch.  Then I parked it on the street so Dana and Ronnie could load what they wanted.

Then I came in, enjoyed the breakfast Dana provided and after researching left for a property in Hercules.  What a cute updated home, it was just a nice visit and inspection.  Then I drove back home leaving the low overcast and cool weather behind.

Once home I loaded the bug onto the tow dolly, we finished up putting things in and then drove out, first there was a tank of fuel, this time $100 purchased a little more than last night, A couple gallons more!  Then to Brentwood to get a device to attach the safety chain from the tow dolly, somehow the other one had disappeared.  Then we started out only to discover some pretty strong wind.

We arrive about 6 I guess and Jason had dinner ready  I stuck around for awhile setting the motorhome up level and in the process discovered steel belt showing on the right fron tie, the same one that has ruined tires before.  So using a brick and a crescent wrench I had along I took the huge tire off the motorhome and brought it home so I can purchase a new one tomorrow and take it back on Wednesday.

So the family will enjoy time at Jason's, beach, Boardwalk, Aquarium and on Wednesday morning I'll drive back and drive the motorhome home, with a new tire.  You can bet I'll be getting it into precision alignment immediately.

Well I'm tired and getting pretty used to making the trip to Santa Cruz area.  God is good and watched over us today for which we are all thankful.

Love to all

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment