Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm told I missed last night

Good evening
Today has been a typical day in my life with a mixture of personal and work related activities.

6 am, alarm sounds, I roll out, stagger to an upright position, reach for my glasses, world stop spinning around, race downstairs to take first blood sugar reading.  Not bad reading! Sigh of relief.

Then to the office to check emails.  Walk out to the motorhome which I moved to the front driveway last night and head out to the public scales to find out how much the front weighs.  It weighs 5,740 sf on the front wheels and 12,620 for the entire coach.  No wonder it takes awhile to stop, lots of weight there.
Return home, get in bug and drive to Tracy to the DMV to get a license for Jason's Subaru Forester.  Find many people waiting to see one of the fine high quality clerks.  2 and 1/2 hours later my number is called.  By then I was best friends with a group of guys who were also watching their lives pass as they waited to be called.  But had noticed that #12 was the window to get called to, she took almost no time before calling the next number and sure enough I landed #12.  She was young, focused and very on top of her game.  Within a minute I was walking out with the tags.

Now the Subaru can be returned to its master with a quiet muffler, quiet power steering pump, smog certificate and now a license!  I feel good about making this happen.  Jason and Jo will need this car as Jason will have to drive to the BART or CalTrain station to board for his trip to school every day in SF.  This evening I've been giving it a wash including straying the tires with stuff that makes them shine.  I actually drove it to the afternoon appointment to make sure everything was good and it was.

This afternoon I could not stay awake. I had promised an appraisal out this morning but after taking so long at DMV it was this evening before I finally was able to email it out.  I had an appointment to see a rental property in nearby Oakley this evening at 6 and found the home to be in better condition than most owner occupied homes.  It was perfect in every way.

So now I'm setting up orders and making appointments for the rest of the week.  Tomorrow I drive to Hayward to see a property, then to another appointment I hope and then to Vallejo before going on to Sacramento where I'll collect Marilyn.  We'll head home and she will settle in.  Oh she has a big bunch of files to deal with, I can't wait to see her fly into them as only she can do.

Well that is it for now, springs are ordered for the motorhome, ones that will lift the front end by about 2 inches and help the ride a lot once they are installed.  They will be in on Wednesday and I'll pick them up and transport them to the alignment people later in the week.

Today I was able to pay a friend who I've owed money to for a long time.  It felt so good to be able to take care of this obligation after all this time.  The Lord is blessing in so many ways and for the last few days I've been much better about keeping the blood sugar under control.  I have many things to learn, so many.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment