Friday, July 20, 2012

FRIDAY

Dear Family and Friends,

Another marathon day!  Up at 6, no walk to the park today, just shower and start research.  At 9:30 I finally completed the research and left for the first appointment.  Having no bug as it was still in the shop I limped over with the Subaru and its broken power steering, did the local appraisal, then came back, picked up Marilyn, drove to town, paid $510 for bug, then drove to repair place to drop off Subaru.  They called later to say that the power steering pump they had installed was defective, was pouring fluid out near the bottom so it will be next Wednesday before a new one can come in.  I paid $510 to have the bug fixed so i could get it smogged.  That means to get the fix engine light to stay out.  Within 5 miles the light had come back one, why did I spend that money?  We will see what the next step is.  New glow plugs for $120!
After dropping off Marilyn at McDonalds where Lois was having her breakfast I turned toward Rio Vista, site of the next appraisal.  I arrived a few minutes later but I had warned them.  The home was perfect and pushing the envelope on price, typical for new sales happening now.  Once I was completed with the Rio Vista one then it was over blood alley to Fairfield, lunch at Burger King then to Walnut Creek.

At Walnut Creek I found a lovely home on a huge lot out in the country.  Once I was inside and we were chatting I discovered that she lost her husband with a heart attack 5 years ago.  Our discussion turned to one that only people who have lost spouses can have.  We really clicked and I enjoyed seeing the house and sharing thoughts with this brave lady.

After leaving Walnut Creek I thought I might be able to fit in a quick driveby in Oakland but once I checked traffic and the time I had I gave it up and drove to Livermore to see a duplex property.  measuring that one was a hot experience as it was nearly 100 degrees. 

After Livermore I entered 580 eastbound for Tracy. Traffic moved slowly over the Altamont and I arrived about 6 or so in Tracy.  What I found was simply wonderful.  The young couple had purchased the home a couple years ago and had transformed it into a perfect property.  It really was amazing, it was so nice.

Then I dropped by Black Bear Diner for an omelet, now I'm home and I'm ready to relax.  The sunburn I picked up last weekend has turned to blisters and peeling now across my shoulders, not so much fun, the coughing has been pretty awful for the last few days and by the afternoon  my head aches pretty badly.  All in all not so much fun.  I have many reports to write up on Sunday and Monday, just unbelievable amounts of work to do.  Lord give me strength!

Tomorrow I've been given the green light to take the girls to SS in Tracy.  I can't wait, it will be fun after so many weeks doing other things.

I pray that you will enjoy your weekend whether you spend it at Socal Camp Meeting, with family or vacationing.  Take time to tell the special person in your life what you think about them.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment