Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lammerdings are in the house

Good evening
Pooka and I started the day at 7 by a trip to the park, she gets so excited when she knows we are going to to the park, acts like a little puppy, fun to watch.

I then picked up a few things, had breakfast, washed the sink, I wanted to get ahead of Barb as she always has to clean the kitchen sink.

I drove to church in Tracy but arrived fairly late.  After church I took a call from the Firestone Auto Repair facility in Rockridge, a section of Oakland.  They let me know the bug was repaired and did not leak oil.  Oh and by the way the charges would be $790.  Different than the $650 I was quoted but I've come to expect that.

So I brought Taco Bell home to Marilyn and we left for Oakland.  Once we got there we quickly paid the bill and drove back home.  The bug purred with its new oil change and in spite of the heat drove perfectly. 

Barb and Gerry had arrived from Sacramento and were in the house.  I had left the front door open for them. We sat around and chatted for awhile then headed out to meet Janice for dinner at UNOs.  What a great time we had.  Janice enjoyed meeting Barb and Gerry and finally got to meet Marilyn.  I think we all enjoyed our time together.

Now we are back and just shared a bowl of popcorn, Barbie brought so much good food!  In the morning we are going to have a special kind of waffles that Barbie knows how to make.  They have nothing but good things inside, lots of healthy stuff.  I can't wait.

So its been a very good day and a total break from doing appraisals.  How thankful I am that the oil leak was discovered where it was, otherwise I would have been driving up the steep hill of Berkeley when all the oil ran out and the engine burned up.  So even in harsh accidents there are blessings, lots of them.

Perhaps you will think this crazy but I've learned to think in an unusual way when I get held up in traffic or something bad like the broken oil pan happens, Could that even have kept me from a disaster somewhere else?  I firmly believe that even though I am a very poor disciple of Jesus He watches over me every day and has a hand in my every day life.

I am experiencing one of those special times tonight, my dear friends Barb and Gerry are in the house, they are true lifelong friends and it is an honor to have them here to visit.

So sending love to all and gratitude to our Lord and Saviour.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment