Friday, August 10, 2012

For a birthday this one sure has been challenging

Dear Family and Friends,

I rolled out at my normal 6 this morning, hit the shower, one of the high points of the day! and then came down to work,  I was just through with the research for the South SF home which I was set to see at 10 when the phone let me know that appointment was off for a bit, until Monday.  So I continued doing conditions and research until 10 when it was time to leave.  I dropped a check off to Steve's front porch and drove to Livermore where I had to purchase some very expensive diesel fuel.  Since the car had its new timing belt the mileage has dropped.  Today confirmed that I had dropped to 36 from 43, a big hit.  Not sure what they changed but its not good.

I arrived at about 12:10 for the Redwood City appraisal and was confronted with a very steeply upsloping site, a driveway so steep that they warn you not to use it unless you have a 4 wheel drive so it was a walk up a very poorly maintained set of rough stairs, I was puffing when I reached the top.  Then the house was very chopped up and hard to measure but it was cute and had a killer view of the bay and the airport.  The agent who met me was wonderful, she is from Argentina, a lovely professional and we clicked perfectly.  She had some comps for me and I shot lots of photos for the report.  Then the fun began, for as I walked down I realized that my blood sugar had plummeted, I could barely stand up.  I was sweating and shaky, got to the car and quickly ate a oat and nut bar and drank some water.  Then I started to drive the comps, they were all over the place on narrow one lane roads, it took well over an hour to get the photos shot and I was shaky and poorly equipped to do what I had to do.  Finally I was through and set my sights on Benicia where the next property was located.  So that meant working my way through traffic using 280, then 380 and finally 101 up to and through the city, across the bay bridge, up Highway 80, across the bridge at Benicia and finally arrived at the house.  Let me tell you the traffic was special in places.
Since the Benicia one was a driveby I worked it as quickly as I could and then drove to Martinez where I had field review to do.

Once that was over I headed home where I picked up the van, marilyn and we drove to Nikki and STeves, we dropped off the bed parts and all rode to UNOs together for my birthday dinner.  It was great and my gift was a weather station.  I've wanted one for years and I'm thrilled.  Plus Nikki got me one of those special cards that just says everything so well and its signed by the girls in their own hand.

All day today I've been receiving messages on the iphone from facebook with people wishing me a happy birthday, its been great, just seeing their faces and hearing from them. Good stuff!

Now I'm heading for bed, Keanna plays Soccer tomorrow morning at 9:30 so that is my next official stop.

So here I am 64 and still kicking, got to admit this has been a tough day, lots of coughing and not feeling all that great but now its bedtime, I'm ready and thankful for friends, family.

Today as I was driving through SF and across the Bay Bridge Jason called and we chatted as I was very near his school, of course he was not there today but still it felt strange to know he comes there every day now.

Love to all

Tim
ps  Marilyn got me a very special gift, a case of my favorite coffee, something Green Mountain and its so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment