Sunday, August 26, 2012

Finally a super productive day

I first woke at 6, changed the alarm to 7 and went back to sleep.  Once I woke that time the morning was dawning and it was cool and beautiful outside.  I just got up, put on the tennis shoes and stepped onto the Nordic Track Treadmill and started walking.  All went well, my heart behaved and the program was perfect until about 4 minutes from the end it just quit.  I'm not sure what happened but it just stopped, the lights were still on but the tred was not milling at all.  So I think a service call might be in order.  Anyway the day was started with a bang.  I came down and made my mocha with the new coffee machine, how I love the taste of a little cream, a single slug of coffee and some mocha, it is great!

I immediately set to work and before long had produced my first appraisal, one from the Montclair district of Oakland, then I broke for breakfast, Marilyn was up and moving about.  So I fired up the range, put some olive oil in a pan, put some fresh mushrooms in to brown, then broke two eggs into a little mixing bowl and added in some soy milk, then I poured the eggs into the pan and added a bit of soy sauce.  I covered it with a glass lid so I could see what was going on.  Soon the edges began to brown and I spilled it out onto my plate along with some sour dough toast with avocado, poured a tiny glass of OJ and moved to the back deck to sit at the little bistro table and enjoy the morning.  It really was perfect, ducks and geese moved about, wind stirred in the trees, wow it was good to be alive.

For some reason and I can't begin to understand why I felt alive again, ready to accomplish things, it was nice.  And  accomplish things is just what I did, tonight there are several reports completed and filed with the lenders.  The day was a success.

Am I caught up?  Well not quite but I'm much closer than I was even last Friday.  Oh there was that break in the middle of the afternoon, to go make a deposit at the bank, you know the bank that is located adjacent to the Starbucks!  Well I deserved a break and I was able to stretch out the drink for hours.

This morning Carol sent a very sad email.  Her incredible dad, a 97 year old gentleman in every sense of the word passed away.  I know she and Roger will miss someone who has been a pillar in their life, a really great guy who loved to live.  Our prayers go to Carol and Roger this evening.

Well this is now time to close down the shop for tonight.  I'm sending the best to everyone who might stop by to read these words. Take time to love those nearby, while you can, while they are still young, while they are still with you, while they are needing you so much, take time to love.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment