Monday, August 27, 2012

Life is at best interesting, at worst miserable

Good evening
Just back from a CostCo break, needed water, peaches, strawberries and soy milk, love that place and their prices.

This morning I did the right thing.  I was given an order for a property in San Francisco, turns out it was over 7,000 sf and when I ran the comps this morning I found they ranged from 5 to 17 million dollars.  I froze.  No way am I wading into such a mess.  By the way they started by offering $275 as a fee, then moved it up to $325, well I think they will end up paying $1,500 for the appraisal but when I saw what the stakes were I called and backed out, no way was I walking into a land mine like this one, my E&O insurance only goes up to a million, not 17 million!!

So I inspected a nice place in Piedmont, a uppity section of Oakland and then moved on to Livermore where I inspected a home that had been foreclosed by the bank, the people gave up fighting and then the back backed off the foreclosure, what a mess, lenders are not very impressive these days, instead of being good citizens they are hurting people every chance they get, I see it over and over again, when banks could help instead they inflict pain and suffering, people who try to talk to banks never get the same person when they call, banks call every day like robots just causing pain and suffering.

We are getting a nice break in the weather these days, in the high 80s instead of over 100.  It makes a huge difference in comfort and ability to do appraisals.

Well I'm heading for bed now so I can climb out early and enjoy the cool morning air, mornings are so special here by the lake and I treasure my setting, thankful for my blessings.

Well I'm signing off now, here is a photo I received today from Jo.  Timothy has just gotten his first belt in a martial arts class.  What a neat little guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment