Monday, August 20, 2012

Many miles but arrived home safely

Dear Family and Friends,
Rolled out at 6 this morning while the house was quiet, everyone else was still resting as they should be, after all they are retired!

I worked in the cool beautiful morning until it was time to say good bye to Barb and Gerry, they were loaded up and ready to head home.  We had a quick bite at McDonalds and then I left for Vallejo and arrived to the minute on time,  the home was once a very fine home, it was like stuck in time, the wallpaper in one room was raised fuzzy, in the bath was foil wallpaper, the carpets clashed with the wall paper, one room even had grass cloth wallpaper.  Now it sat empty, its owner had died and the reverse mortgage that funded his or her last years had ended and I was there to help determine its current value.

Then with that one behind me I turned to Rohnert Park arriving early enough that I could grab a burrito at Taco Bell.  This one held a renter who had been there a long time, she had two kiddos looking forward to going back to school tomorrow.  Once that one was completed I then set the GPS for Napa.  This was was a bit more problematic.  Set in the country east of Silverado Trail it was a tiny little place with gravel driveway, converted garage and a very nice occupant who just lost her mom a month ago.  The main problem with the property is, the well no longer produces water, there is not water supply from the city so they have to have water trucked in, talk about a serious hit on value.

Once I was through with that one and shooting 8 comparables just to be sure then I made my way through miles of traffic, mostly stopped it seemed and finally made it home about 7 pm.  The load of the work to complete is weighing on me and tomorrow morning I have to slip out and see two more before settling in to write things up.  I'm also taking the motorhome to have the AC recharged tomorrow so things are piling up.

So I'm thankful to be home safely, no mishaps and I sure give speed bumps more attention now.  Lesson learned!
It was wonderful to see Barb and Gerry, they always bring such cheer and when they leave the cars are clean, the garage floor swept, the sinks shining and our appetities are satified.  Wow what a treat.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment