Friday, August 3, 2012

It is Friday night here by the lake

The crickets are singing in the distance, the lake is totally still with nary a ripple, the leaves are still and music is wafting over the water from somewhere, right now its blues and soon the huge frog will begin to thump the bass in this natural lakeside symphony.

The day is over, the dark is deepening and only a few stray lights cast their dim glow across the lake.  Marilyn is reading a book on her fire so is quiet.  We are just back from Applebees where the service was adequate, the food was good and our server was helpful.

I started early this morning, having finally finished work and gone to bed at 11:30 the 5 am alarm seems harsh, it was still dark and after stumbling through the shower and using the new Kuerig for my morning jolt I set to work.  By 7:30 I was inspecting a home right here on the lake.  What I found was a very sharp black man who had just moved here from San Francisco and was still adjusted to quiet nights and the beauty of the lake.  He was a delight.

The next stop was in Brentwood where two wonderful Pugs came out to greet me, I could hardly work as I just wanted to pet and talk to the dogs.  They were wonderful and she is involved with the Pug rescue so any time I want one I just need to call her.  But right now I'm contented with Pooka.  After tearing myself away from the beautiful home and the Pugs I then drove to a 3 acre property right in the middle of a Pulte Subdivision.  They had built beautiful fences, installed drains in appreciation of the farmer selling them land to develop.  My client had constructed two identical buildings on the site but one was a shop inside, a beautiful shop and the other was a home for his 94 year old dad.  They were so enjoyable to talk to.  I got the grand tour of the property.  Turns out the older man keeps bees and sells honey.  I came home with a free jar, I can't wait to try it on my cereal in the morning.  Its mostly lavendar honey, should be great.

Once I was through with this property I had lunch at BJ's, part of a potato and a side salad, perfect lunch.  After that I drove to another local property where Lisa lives, Lisa is a lady I've worked with and known for years.  Now she is newly married for the last year to a Hayward policeman and is settling a new life.  She is a lovely lady and not only was her house perfect she is quite a lady.  One can tell she really loves her friends and she talked about the people she has lost over the last year.  Quite a list, lots of pain.

Then it was home until we went to eat.  Of course what I leave out is the constant barrage of phone calls seeking status on appraisals, people trying to sell my timeshare, people wanting money for causes, people needing free advice and the occasional call from a friend.

Tomorrow morning we are leaving early for Hollister where Art Diaz is preaching, sharing the story of his experience with the proton therapy at Loma Linda.  i know Ron is driving down from here as well but I'm coming right back home so i can be ready to see Jason and the kiddos when they come to visit.  I'm looking forward to all four kiddos being here at once.  What a joy that will be.

So I have much to be thankful for, life is very challenging and way out of balance but at least I'm thinking about changing it, not sure how yet but its being considered.

Love to all, may your Sabbath be special for you.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment