Friday, August 17, 2012

Liquid! No Kidding

It was just a normal lunch at Burger King, vegeburger, side salad and drink.  The food tasted good, it was fun to watch the various diners around me.

When I went back to my bug a guy with no english said, liquid and pointed under my car, as I backed up my heart sank as I saw a pool of black oil about 2 x 3 feet where my car had been parked, at first it was denial, no that was there when I pulled in but then I noticed a line of oil as I backed up, oops.

Quickly I asked the GPS to find an auto repair place and it did, very near by so I limped around the block and into the yard beside a Firestone auto repair.  Once inside I asked the guy behind the desk if someone could look at my car, he gingerly came out and looked but knew nothing, wrote it up and in a few minutes a mechanic started to find the oil leak.  Next thing I know he has the tires off the car, what was he doing I asked the clerk, a safety check he responded, what!  I want the oil leak fixed, I don't need or want a safety check, so he walks out and the tires are put back on the car, I still don't know what is wrong, then the mechanic finally tells me, the aluminum pan is cracked letting all the oil drain out, it must be replaced!

Great, I have a Dr. waiting at the top of the hill behind Berkeley for me to inspect his home and then I have a family waiting in Livermore for me to do their home.  What to do?  First an estimate, seems to take forever but it comes to $600 something, not sure, don't care, just do it.  Can't fix it today!

Dr. drives down from his home near Tildon park at the top of the world behind Berkeley and picks me up.  I call Marilyn and give her his address.  She leaves Discovery Bay in the Civic using the old GPS and starts driving toward Berkeley.  I find a beautiful old home with unbelievable beautiful setting looking out on the park, a buck walks nearby as I measure.  The house is awful to measure, tight landscaping everywhere but I finally finish and Marilyn drives up.

We debate and decide to go ahead and take the time to shoot the comps that are all over and are as high as 1.8 million.  Once we are finished we call Livermore and they say, come on over, we are chillin.  So we work out way through traffic, pick up gas at CostCo and arrive in Livermore with enough light to do the job.

Now we are home, a long day turned out even longer.  Oh by the way my last appointment was in Tracy but when I discovered the house was over 8,000 sf I turned the order down, now I'm home and see that the company just upped the fee to $750 but I think I will still turn it down, no comps for 20 miles.

Hope your Sabbath, your weekend is special for you.  Mine will be as Barb and Gerry are driving down tomorrow afternoon to spend the night, it will be great to see them.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment