Sunday, August 5, 2012

Finally the spa's flaws are exposed

After a long day of pushing paper, writing reports and eating way too often I took a break tonight and went on a rampage pulling up decking around the spa I finally was able to reach the problem, there are two places where the spa drains into the return line which extends to the pump.  Just after the two lines meet in a t and the line heads back to the pump it takes an unfortunate downward bend and then goes directly under the spa, as it does you can see it squeezed totally flat.  There is no way the normal flow of water can get through that flattened section.  It will be easy to cut the line before it goes under the spa and then attach a new line which will extend directly to the pump.

Other problems have become obvious though.  The base that has held the spa in place for the last 35 years is totally rotted away.  There needs to be a base to hold the spa in place so it won't wiggle when its full of water and people step down into it.  I'll have to come up with a new base, probably use treated wood and build a new base, jack the spa up slightly so the pieces of wood can be put in place and replace what has served so well.  Jim and Ron Miller constructed this base years ago when they were boys and its served perfectly since then.  Most of the stringers that hold up the decking are rotten away, so we will have to make a decision whether to replace all the deck or go back to a lawn area instead of such a huge deck, interesting ideas are floating around and I'm open to all of them.

I'm finally catching up work wise and its about time to let the companies know that I can handle more work.  Tomorrow I'll be in Vacaville and Vallejo to see properties that were once reverse mortgages and are now being sold.  The goofy loan company gave me an access phone number for one property.  When I reached the people today I discovered that they moved to Washington 3 years ago, signed the property over to Bank of American, no one told me, very strange things I encounter in my work.

Well now its time to fade into slumber, its been a slow day today and I'm not feeling very energetic.  I so enjoyed yesteray with all the kidos and sort of wish I had taken Nikki up on her offer, her company is sponsoring a day at the A's today and my kids are there with the little ones having a good time.  I should have gone really.

Well we have a new week coming so rested and ready we'll face it.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment