Saturday, February 2, 2013

100.7

This has been a day of illness.  Last night was the worst night I've experienced in many years.  At 4 this morning I had to rip the mask off, my head and nasal passages were solid, nothing was moving.  So from 4 until 8:30 I slept fitfully and kept dreaming terrible dreams.  It was not a pleasant night at all.

Once the very hot shower was over I quickly ate my 1/4 of steel cut oats and drove to Walnut Creek to see the doctor.  She was pleasant but very resistant to the ideal of any antibiotics.  Finally she relented and gave to Sudafed and some sort of 5 days drug.  It took almost 2 hours to get through the pharmacy, the place was jammed, everyone was complaining.  I was so sick I just stood in place and tried not to fall over or sneeze.  One I had the meds I walked to the car and took a Sudafed with some water.  Then I drove to Old Spaghetti Factory where I had a quiet and enjoyable meal

On.  e of the issues for the doctor was news that my blood was very thin, 3.5, the thinnest its been yet and the antibiotic tends to make the blood even thinner.  So tonight I took just 2 tablets instead of the normal 4.  I also had a large salad and a place of broccoli, anything to get the blood thicker and in a hurry.

This evening when Ray came to visit I took my temp and it was 100.7.  Not awful but not what I want either.  I'm really ill, it hurts to move and of course I desperately need to write up appraisals tomorrow.

Once I got home this afternoon I found a nice blanket and used the recliner to be comfortable.  One I was rested enough then I built a fire which has lifted the house to 75 all afternoon.  I've slept and watched so many hours of the Christian Dish.

This evening I've taken my first two tablets of the antibiotic and had a few nuts since it is to be taken with food.  I've had huge glasses of water in hopes they will help..

I would appreciate your prayers for recovery.  I certainly do not feel recovered this evening but I'm always hopeful.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment