Saturday, February 16, 2013

Kallie day

Dear Family and Friends,

First the park with Pooka, then Sabbath School with Kallie.  Today she was on her best behavior and was such a helpful girl.  Two new children came to visit today, they had never been to our church before and with their mom they visited Sabbath School.  I think she felt welcomed by all who were there.  Richard and Angel with their two little girls were very friendly to her.

Today was a huge day for Pastor Jessica, she was ordained and many of the church leaders were in Tracy today to carry out the process.  I am so happy for her and its been a long time coming, ordaining women to the ministry, 30 years ago we ordained some of the first women elders in Tracy, long before it was common practice.  We had great ladies and they were excellent in their service.

After we left church today Kallie changed her mind and decided on Olive Garden. First we had to do Starbucks for her hot chocolate which she loves.  Then Olive Garden where the service was outstanding, the food tasty and she and I had fun sitting in a two person booth.

We then drove home and spend some nice time in the sun on the back deck, she checked out dead tomatoes, washed rocks and towed Pooka around on a leash.  Then she decided we needed to go in so we found a cute program on Net flicks about puppies and she snuggled under a blanket while I snuggled under another one and we watched the programs about the junk yard dogs, very cute.

Eventually Nikki came but had misplaced her phone, not good news at all. 

I ventured out this evening with a list of things, like more decaf coffee, more vege food and I ended up at Red Robin for a burger.  It was one of the lowest calorie items I could find served in a restaurant on my Lose It app.  I had the garden burger without mago and a side salad.  It was great and this time fast, a matter of minutes and the food was there and perfect.  I also went to the library to check out some more books to listen to as I drive.

Now I'm home getting ready to go ride the ski machine to burn off some more calories.  Why not.

Sending love to all,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment