Friday, February 8, 2013

Wow, what a week

Dear Family and Friends,

So at long last Friday arrives and I'm really ready for some of the Lord's rest.  All day I was looking forward to it being over yet it had some very nice pockets of job to experience along the way.

This morning it was a 6 am wakeup call as I had to be in Oakland Piedmont district by 9:30.  So I did the research and was able to complete and ship out an appraisal that Jessie had worked up, now we are getting somewhere.

The drive to Oakland was fast with some slow spots, the endless construction on Highway 4 still slows everyone to a stop briefly but they are making progress and soon it will be better, wider, quicker.

In Oakland I found a delightful property.  The young couple had decided to sink their hopes and funds into a huge project, a fixer in need of nearly everything, yet it had a view of the bay and lots of possibilities.  The delightful owner showed the book with photos of where it started.  She was able to produce plans and just was very helpful to the whole process.  I spent nearly an hour just learning about the house and their family as well.  What great fun that part of my job it!  I finally tore myself away and she walked me to my car.  I did discover that the home was about 1/3 larger than the public record showed so I'll be driving back for comparables.

Then it was drive back to Discovery Bay to see another very nice home with a huge pool and a little guy who had recently broken his arm.  He was being very brave but had no use of the arm yet.

I texted Jessis only to learn that she was still in the office so I came home to sign her paycheck.  Then I headed out to Tracy to shoot 2 photos that somehow I had missed when I inspected the house earlier in the week.  But as I prepared to leave I noted that I had a new order in Tracy, I called and was told I could see the house today.  As it turned out this new job was located less than 10 blocks from the two photos I needed to take.

Once the appraisal was over CostCo called out to me and so I filled my tank, then picked up some apples, bananas and soup.  That reminds me it is still in the trunk of my car, whoops.

Well the girls are busy in the morning so my church plans are open at this point.  I do know I will meet them at the Spaghetti Factory in Stockton for lunch, always fun.

I hope your week has been inspiring, as of this evening I'm still fighting the sinus issues but am feeling much better than last friday night for sure.

Sending love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment