Sunday, February 24, 2013

Glad for guests

Dear Family and Friends,

So I've been very low key today, of course the day started with my having to be at a front door in Stockton at Weston Ranch at 8:30 this morning.  And I was actually there in the chilly morning air shooting front photos at 8:30 am.  I found a very nice home on a huge lot with an empty swimming pool, yards of patio and RV parking.  In spite of being located in a subdivision the property had 1/3 of an acre when more typical sites there are about 5,000 sf.

Once I completed my work on this property taking Freeway 5 I headed for Fremont to take a photo of a new railing for three steps leading from the house to the yard.  I had not called for the railing to be added but someone in the FHA organization decided a railing was needed and put through the order that I go back and confirm the work was done.  So I drove there for $75, shot my photos, chatted with the owner and scratched her cute little doggies back and headed home.  Of course there was a Starbucks stop in near Ruby Hill for a decaf skinny Peppermint Mocha in Venti size.  I'm told it has 180 calories and if I'm careful I can make it last 2 hours.

All the while I was driving I was listening to a book called Nikki Heat.  This is a book about the same basic characters as are now seen on the TV show Castle.  The book is a good read and very interesting.  I grabbed it at the library the other day and with the new radio working so well the book is very enjoyable.

I arrived back home, skipped lunch since I had stopped at Nations in Tracy this morning for breakfast and had a huge meal, omelet, wheat toast, OJ and potatoes.  Wow, lots of calories and it was so good.
Once I was in my work chair I felt sleepy and since last night was fairly short, I stayed up late, I fell asleep in my chair, several times I woke up and tried to sit up but just fell back asleep again, I must have slept for a couple hours but finally woke up refreshed.

Now I'm trying to get appointments for this week and attempt to get some work done, my heart is not in it.  I'm feeling lazy and tired of the rat race that we are all caught up in.  Nikki and Steve are so busy they can hardly breathe, Jason and Jo are extremely busy as well with school, teaching, children and even though its just me I do grow tired of working long hours without much relief.

So it with no small degree of anticipation that I look foward to having friends visit this week.  First Barb and Gerry and then later in the week Marilyn.  It will be great to have friends to chat with, eat with and just catch up.  Love it.

Well here comes the week, ready or not.

May God guide us as we try to make sense out of life in American at this time.

Love


tim

No comments:

Post a Comment