Saturday, February 9, 2013

Steve gives new life to the black bug

Dear Family and Friends,

Well its past bedtime tonight.  I've had an interesting day.

This morning I popped up at 7 and then without much thought slipped back into the warm cocoon of my Sleep by Number bed.  The next time I woke it was nearly 10 am.  I was shocked and delighted that I had been able to get so much rest.  Wow.

By the time I made it to church my friends were walking out, church was over.  I spent a few minutes socializing with friends and then headed to Stockton where I met Nikki and some very excited girls who had just spent two hours with Disney on Ice.  They were all thrilled and the job continued through lunch as we enjoy Old Spaghetti Factory.  Then we parted company and I drove home. 

Upon arriving I discovered Steve's blue Pilot in the driveway and my bug gone.  He had come to get it and install the new stereo.  So I drove right to his house to see if I could help.  Silly me, Steve had it all done and was just doing final touches.  He did beautiful work.  The Clarion stereo looks like it was built for the bug dash, it fits perfectly and even the color is right to match the other lights in the dash.  It received XM, Pandora, FM, AM, plays CD and also has an auxiliary input.  One can plug an ipod directly into it and it has blue tooth so when I sit down my phone will work directly through the radio.  Wow.  Not only that Steve tuned the sound so it gets the most from the speakers.  The sound is really amazing, the XM antenna is installed and it is perfect.  Oh how nice to have Steve's help today.

So I drove home enjoying a CD of an old friend from college, Dan Holder and Al Pierce, stunningly beautiful music on a CD that has recently been released once again. Thoughtful songs with such beauty and meaning!

This evening knowing the cats needed new kitty litter I decided to solve that.  At first it was local Safeway to the rescue but then I knew it would be much more expensive.  I decided on WinCo which is a few miles away and that let me enjoy the music of the radio some more.  Nice to have the bug back working again and I can save miles off the Civic for some future day.  Now remember I went to WinCo for one thing, Kitty litter but I ended up paying $55 as I kept finding other things like bulk steel cut oats and bulk dog biscuits, apples, oranges, soup, cheese and their Morning Star vege food is much less expensive.

When I got home I rearranged the cars so the Civic is now backed in tight against the middle of the garage and the bug can go in and out easily with inches to spare.  All the tools of appraising have been moved over, the wheel, the ladder, the GPS so I'm ready to go the next 500 miles of work in the bug.

I've not slept today as I had planned to but I'll get up tomorrow when I wake up.  I feel like I'm getting sick again, not a good experience but Kaiser only went for 5 days of the drugs and that is never enough, of course I told the Dr. but I was lucky to get 5 days out of her so now I languish for days my body tries to gradually rid itself of this illness.

Last evening Marilyn told me her power had failed at around 7 pm.  This morning her message was very sad.  The house was down to 32 degrees INSIDE and they were wearing coats and blankets.  6 towns were without power.  Wow I can hardly believe it.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment