Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Back in the saddle again

Good evening,
I can finally say that and mean it.  Even though most of today was gray and cold with wind gusts it was still a day of recovery.

This morning I woke after a good night of rest, ventured to have a quick breakfast consisting of a 1/4 cup of steel cut oats, one toast with fake bacon and an orange.

I quickly moved to the office to do final research and left in a rush for a Brentwood property.  Of course the promised lock box was missing however the Lord supplied a wonderful pool maintenance person who had the house open and left it open for my work.  Once the job of measuring a rather complex home was completed and I started to chill out I finished the interior and hit the road for Castro Valley.

At Castro Valley I found one of those characters, this time is was a woman.  She had lost her husband of 51 years just 2 years ago and had led a very interesting life.  She had some terrific cars, an extra garage and a really nice place.

After locating all the comparable I found a nearby Starbucks, they had one multi grain bagel left.  So with lunch under the belt literally I drove back to Brentwood, shot the comps for that one and then drove home where I chatted with Ray, prepared a deposit and started working.

At 3:30 it was time to pick up Keanna and race her to her gymnastics class.  I was late and we really raced.  What I did not tell her was that the fuel gauge was on empty!  No problem, we made it and she entered her class a little late.  What a confident little lady she has turned out to be.  Delightful, reads every chance she gets, learns easily and is a real plus for our family.

When I left the studio I dropped by the RV store and purchased a new door latch for the screen door in the motorhome.  Upon arriving home I took time to install it.  Fit perfectly and a little problem was solved.

Then I came in and really went to work and the one I inspected this morning in Brentwood is now completed and out the door.  I'm nearly completed with one for a buyer in Tracy who is paying cash and just want to make sure she is not paying too much for the home.  I'll finish that one up early in the morning and email it to her.

I think the fever has passed, I'm no longer going through mounds of tissue and in general I'm feeling better, for all of this I'm so thankful and especially for the Thermaphore pad that I've used.  Dolly reminded me of it about a year ago and Sylvia was kind enough to pick it up at the conference office where they still see them, its $75 but I can attest, worth every penny.

So I'm going to sign off now, I'm thankful for great friends, for a every changing job, for safe and economical cars and for the new stereo that arrived today to be installed in the bug as soon as I can find the time to do so and get advice from Steve as well.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment