Monday, February 11, 2013

Working hard

Dear Family and Friends,

Finally it is getting near to bed time.  I am so ready, with clean sheets waiting and a cool room going to sleep should be no problem.  I feel sorry for those who have trouble sleeping, nothing worse than being awake by the hour just thinking.

This morning I rose and pulled on sweats, found Pooka and we went for a walk to the park.  It was cold but the walk felt great.  Once I was home I decided to check my blood and found it to be 190, I was surprised.  Its been high all day, I set the alarm and after 2 hours took it following breakfast.  It was over 300 and my breakfast was pretty normal.  I took it later it was down to 290, still really awful.

I left about 1:30 for Oakland and to do a driveby in Pleasant Hill.  I took the bug and enjoyed the rest of a very exciting book, so gripping that I could hardly stay on the road in the exciting parts!  On the way home after the book ended I switched to XM and to the classical station, oh my the music was splendid, could hear every part, every musical moment.  It was grand.

During the day instead of my usual stop at Starbucks I took an apple and some nuts with me, water and a low fat mocha.  This morning after the walk I did some research and played with the the app called Lose It.  I got the shock of my life, a very important shock.  I discovered that the multi grain bagel I love to eat nearly every day at Starbucks is over 60 carbs before butter and the drink I love, a Venti sized Skinny Peppermint Mocha is in the 50 carb range.  No wonder my A1C has been so awful, I've been doing some very bad things to myself.  So my Starbuck stops will have to be for decaff coffee which has no carbs or calories.  I'm just glad I discovered this.

So today I've been logging in everything I've eaten and at this point I have 53 calories left I could use.  They grant me 1,549 calories a day and I picked up some extra ones by walking this morning.  So I'm going to try to not only take my blood on a regular basis but also work with  Lose it is what my friend at church used as a basis for his huge weight loss.

Today the mailman delivered enough checks to nearly pay the house payment, now that's encouraging and helps motivate me to keep working. 

Sending love to all,

Have you been waiting to challenge something in your life?  Is there a habit that needs to be changed?  A problem that needs to be addressed?  I say go for it.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment