Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Barb and Gerry arrive

Dear Family and Friends,

So this has been an interesting day.  Up at 6, in San Leandro at 10 and what a house.  The couple living there are artists, she makes hats, is from the big easy and the whole house is filled with beautiful and memorable things.  she is a real character and made the visit really interesting.

Then it was a race to Antioch where a very anxious owned paced in the garage as I arrived.  I mean this is a homeowner that was highly motivated.  The order only arrived yesterday at this time of day and he is ready for me to complete my work and submit the report.

After seeing both places I stopped at In N Out for a cheese sandwich and then on to a driveby appraisal review in Pittsburg.  Finally I headed home and was only home a few minutes when Barb and Gerry arrived.  Once unloaded we chatted for a few minutes and then left for Antioch where we connected with Nikki and the girls and my friend Janice joined us.  This was her first time to meet the girls and that was fun.

Now we are back home, Barb and Gerry have headed to bed and I'm doing a bit of work before I turn in.

For those of you who live alone you will know about what I'm about to say but for those of you who are fortunate enough not to have to live alone you might not fully appreciate just how great it is to have people in the house, people making noises, doing things instead of just the boredom of always being alone, if you speak you have to answer yourself, if you sing, no one hears, if you seek advice there are no answers.  So to have guests, friends here is really special and I'm very thankful for it tonight.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment