Monday, February 18, 2013

Many miles, successful day

Good evening,
It really is a good evening, driving into my garage after a day on the road is always a huge blessing.

I rolled out at 6, had an appraisal that Jessie had worked on out before I left at 9.

I drove over the Vasco Road to Livermore, took 580 to 84, then skirted Pleasanton through beautiful back country, rejoined 680 just before the Sunol Grade, on to San Jose, then turned south on 101 to Morgan Hill. 

The little house was perfect in every way, new sod, new interior, just very nice and the agent was a really great guy, many years of experience and solid.  Was glad to meet him.

Then it was time to get back on 101 and head north, through San Jose, right by Jason and Jo's house and on to Tracy where the wind was blowing and the temperature was cold.  The house was huge and the pool was nice.  Once finished in Tracy I asked the GPS to take me to Livermore.

I was in the south part of Tracy so it took me out to 580 and I drove to Livermore against some stiff winds.  I arrived early for Livermore, another cute house, nice young couple with funny little dog, I measured without a coat as the house was so small, I was cold.  By this time I was feeling a bit faint, really did not eat lunch, just nuts, an apple and water. 

Nikki reminded me of a nice little Mexican place in downtown Livermore and she talked me right to it over the phone.  She was feeling chipper as she had the day off, a real vacation day.  My meal of a bean burrito was perfect and with water I felt satisfied but not stuffed as I left.  I had it with whole beans so avoided a bunch of fat that way. 

On the way home I spotted Diesel at just $4.17 a gallon, its $4.25 in Discovery Bay so I stopped.  I was pleased to discover that I had logged 45 mpg today.  No bad for a car that turned 282,000 today. God has blessed that little car and I am so very thankful every day.  With the new radio it is a total pleasure to pass the miles in.  Its quiet, comfortable and very economical.  And there are no monthly payments to worry about, never has been as I bought it with cash long ago, Nan found it in the paper and told me, I went that afternoon and bought it the next day.  It had 15,000 miles back then.

So now I'm home and I don't feel like working anymore though I need to so I can keep up with the schedule.  Jessie was here today and worked on several miles, installed her new wireless keyboard and likes it a lot.  She is a real help.

I found out today that Marilyn is coming to visit at the end of February and will visit for a couple weeks.  It will be nice to see her again and she will enjoy a break from her little family in snow covered Rhode Island.

Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment