Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Every day is different!

So I drive first to Kaiser for a visit with the dermatology department and my regular GP is the doctor.  It was fine, I like him a lot and he prescribed some cream to apply to my red cheeks.  Once I finally got through the pharmacy I lit up the road to San Jose.  The traveling was perfect, 70 all the way with little traffic in the way.

I was unprepared for the subject property.  It was located by a trip up a narrow road which climbed and climbed.  Finally I arrived and after traveling an even smaller road I found my property.  It was about 3 acres, a nice 2100 sf home and my greeting party was a herd of goats that live there.  What funny creatures, they wanted to be friendly but could quite screw up courage to actually smell my hand.  The owner was there and led them to their feeding area so I could work.  The buyers of this property have done incredible work but every time they go to work, to the schools for the kids or even to buy milk its a 15 minute trip down the mountain, into a Milpitas neighborhood and eventually freeway 680.  As you can image the view of the San Jose and Bay was expansive and impressive.  I enjoyed my visit, meeting their two boxers and seeing a home so nicely updated.

Once I left there I set out to find the comps, that involved driving about 10 miles over the most amazingly bad roads, narrow with no guard rails, they just clung to the side of the hills but finally I found some of the comps.  Wow it is always interesting to discover an entire area of large ranchette homes this near to the city but with a total country feel and settings.  Tomorrow I'm doing the same for a country property located in the sticks beyond Napa in the hills.  I actually access the property via Fairfield, that's the best way says the owner.

After I left the San Jose area my next stop was in Vallejo, a field review of an appraisal someone else did.  That took a while to reach but again no traffic to slow me down.  Once that work was accomplished I headed back to pick up Keanna which I did.  She gave the ipad a workout and then her mom picked her up.  Kallie on the other hand had a riding lesson today, getting ready for a week with her Grandmother who lives on a horse property in southern California.  She loves horses and can't wait to get to ride every day.

This evening I ventured out back and staked up some tomato plant branches that are going wild, then I soaked them and came in.  Now the wind is blowing fairly hard outside, up to 9 miles per hour and the evening is cooling rapidly.  While I need to be working hard on a relocation appraisal that needs to be completed I'm feeling quite lazy tonight.

Some appointments to get things in order are coming together.  During the first week of July I'll take the motorhome to have its AC updated, next week a repair person is coming to fix the Nordic treadmill and next week I'll take the Supra Boat in for repairs.  Next week I'll attend a play with Bob in Stockton, that will be great.

Soon Dana and Ronnie will visit, perhaps in July and Marilyn is set to come out as well.

So I'm starting to think about cleaning this place up, so far just thinking, later I'll do it.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment