Sunday, June 16, 2013

Good evening

So its cooling down here in California.  As the sun sets so does the furnace we call summer.  It beautiful over the lake and this has been a good day.

Last night I was telling you about the new device I purchased to amplify the cell phone signal which in this part of Discovery Bay is terrible for most phones.  AT&T is fully aware of their short comings and gave me both a $100 visa card and a $50 discount on my next months bill against a purchase price of $199 for the device.  When I last wrote I had purchased the device but it was still in the box. So at about 11:30, I know I should have been sleeping, I opened the box and set about installing it.  Fortunately it was pretty straight forward and later during the night my phone announced a text to tell me the device was operational.  Yep, I had 5 bars and I've had 5 bars of signal ever since.  Its wonderful, I can talk anywhere on the property without dropping calls. Of course one always wonders why it was not done a year ago but now is better than tomorrow.

This morning I just let myself sleep in but the birds woke me before too late.  I got up and showered knowing I was going to the local church to see Keanna's program.  So at 10:30 I joined Nikki and the girls to drive to the church.  The service rocked, I mean literally rocked, a praise band led out in some good songs and then the kiddos joined the room, about 200 of them it seemed.  All went well until the kids filed out, we were on the second row from the front and the pastor gave a sermon.  Kallie was not prepared to sit and down nothing for a very long time but she did pretty well.

Afterwards there was snacks, jumpy houses for the kiddos and water.  It was an excellent program put on with lots of volunteers and in a professional manner.

Once I got home I settled into tweaking things around the office and eventually settled down to do some work.  Lois came over to try to make the ipod work and after awhile she made it work.  I was grateful for that since I had several books on it that I want to hear as I drive this week.  I think she has it working now.  Jim, my faithful IT guy took over the computer and fixed a few things and I wrote up some reports but I'm about to cash it in now.

I'll have the girls tomorrow afternoon after they attend yet another VBS locally, that will be nice to see them.

Well for tonight I think that's about it.

Here is a photo of Keanna from her dance program yesterday.

love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment