Friday, June 21, 2013

Whirlwind day - very good

This week has been pretty good, I'm down 6 pounds, feel like a human being again and had a super meeting with my diabetes helper today at Kaiser.  We went over my numbers, she pointed out areas that I need to do a better job of keeping track and she agreed to an insulin pen, if my regular doctor agrees then I'll get it.  That means that when I'm facing a meal that has some carbs in it I can calculate how much help I'll need to keep the blood sugar from totally soaring.

After the meeting I stopped by and had a blood draw to see my blood thickness level, its 2.4 so I'm OK at least I think I am.

Jessy was hard at work when I arrived and after setting up many orders and getting a bank deposit ready we went to lunch at the Sports Bar here in Discovery Bay.  We ate outside and enjoyed a nice lunch, she is a pleasant person and such a good worker.

Then it was back to the office to crank out some work.  At 3:30 I had to leave for an appointment in Brentwood and she kept working.  Later I returned to Discovery Bay to inspect another home and then Nikki texted me to tell me VBS program was starting at St. Annes Catholic Church where the girls had been at VBS this week.

It had just started when I arrived and the large room was filled with people.  The kiddos did a great job with their singing and Keanna was in a play with a large speaking part, she loved it.

 
Talk about a huge VBS.
So I sat there as a proud Pappa and enjoyed the program which was very well done and had excellent music including a live band.
Afterwards we went to Strings in Tracy for dinner.
 
It was a great day.
 
Here is a shot from the lake I shot when I was out cruising in the little green boat this week.
What a blessing to get to live on this lovely lake.  Cool breezes are blowing off its surface right now through my bedroom.
 
Love to all
 
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment