Sunday, June 23, 2013

Great Sunday

I've put enough bummer days on here so its nice to report a different kind of day.

After a late night hanging out with family at the park which was so much fun I slept well at home.  Rolled out this morning at 7 and took the wheelbarrow to the park, its huge, to bring the stuff home that stays here so it would not have to be jammed into the van.  Found everyone sort of chilly as there was no sun and there was wind.  Helped take down the shade cover, the tent, roll up all the bags etc.  Then I went over and had pancakes that they were making.

Eventually we got everything loaded up and I walked back to my house to get the van for Nikki so we could load and here comes our friend Jack with the wheel barrow loaded high with all my things, what a nice gesture.  So we drove back with the van and loaded up and they went home to rest for the day.  Well I was fired up and had sort of a mess in the garage.  Rather than put it off I felt alive and filled a dish with warm soapy water, cleaned the tables removing layers of chocolate and marsh mellows from last night, started cleaning the garage and did some serious pitching of junk that needed to go.  It took awhile but gradually everything started to fall into place and now its much cleaner.

While I had the motorhome out I took time to repair one of the dinette seats that was starting to lose its staples, what a poor way to build a seat!  I found little L shaped brackets which took 4 screws, I found the screws and after dumping dozens of tiny screws all over the garage floor I was ready to work.  I found two spots where the staples were no longer doing their job and repaired both.  I put away the chairs that store under the back bed, cleaned the motorhome table and stood back happy with the progress.  The fact that it was cool and overcast helped me keep working.

Then I turned to the moving of trailers.  I need to get the boat out as it is going to the boat doctor this week, it was parked nearest to the lake beside the house, in front of it was the tow dolly.  So using the Civic as the mule I hooked up to the tow dolly, now mind you its not easy working alone.  You have to back up a few feet, jump out and see if you are close, then in and out a few more times until you are in the right place to make the connection.  The tow dolly has a lot of weight in the tongue and that's a pain literally in the back.  So out came the town dolly, the back to get the boat and pulled it out and parked in in the front of the garage, then put the tow dolly back, then backed the motorhome in always aware of not hitting the fence or the garage roof, both can have very bad consequences!

Then close the gate and move the box trailer back in front of the gate.  Once that was done it was 1 pm and I was ready for a sandwich, heavy wheat bread, just one slice, thin peanut butter, 1/2 a tomato sliced thick and juicy.

Suddenly it was shower time and that felt good, finally something accomplished.  One nice thing happened.  I came across some of Nan's little purses and tiny back packs.  So I gave one to each of the girls and they seemed to enjoy that, I keep finding treasures as I dig deeper.

I left to see a little house in Richmond which was about as basic as a house can be but cute.  New baths, new kitchen, new paint and new carpet for $150,000.  Then it was on to Newark which turned out to be a long ways away.  I arrived on time, used my Supra Key for entry and found a flipped home in good condition, selling for $440,000 after being listed for a lot less.

Once I was completed Sylvia called to say her plane had just touched down, delayed by weather.  I arrived a few minutes after she walked to the curb and we had a blast catching up on her trip to Borneo to see many new birds, she has seen over 4,000 different kind of birds now.

Now I'm home and it has been a great day.  I was down a full 6.5 pounds this morning which I can feel as these shorts were too tight, now are just nice.

Sending love to all, this weekend has been great, seeing Bob for lunch on Sabbath, seeing Sylvia today, spending time with kiddos yesterday in the park, feeling better and getting tons of great exercise today as I worked.  Let me tell you, the recycling can is full tonight for tomorrow's pickup, what fun to move stuff down the road and out of my garage.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment