Sunday, June 30, 2013

We are sizzling around here.

As I write it is about 9:35 and the temperature outside is still 87.  Both the house AC is running and the little one in my window for just the office which protects the computers while the rest of the house is often without AC, that is until this most recent heat wave.  Wow

I slept until 7 this morning having gotten home so late.  I jumped up and showered quickly knowing I had work to do.

Since Steve's car was out I took it to Starbucks and while there filled the tank.  pretty amazingly the full size Accord delivered 36 mpg which I think is amazing.  The car has a little motor but so much power and a 6 speed transmission, drives like a dream and is so comfortable.  Honda certainly knows how to built a nice car.

I worked through the morning nodding off from time to time, then it was time to drive to Martinez to see a quadruplex, that is 4 living units under one roof, owned by the same owner and usually rented to 4 tenants.  I arrive and it was very hot.  Tempers were short and they wanted me to go in first but I know from experience that I need to quickly determine the outside dimensions before heading inside.  One tenant giving the person who was there to let me in trouble.  He was challenging the person and demanding to be informed one week in advance.  From my experience of 26 years I know that a 24 hour warning for this kind of inspection is all that is required.  The tenant was contacted last Friday so had more than the minimum warning.  I felt I was doing them a favor but the tenant was angry about me coming on Sunday.  Once I was inside I was just amazed by the bad condition, the piles of trash and stuff everywhere and in the middle of the room was a large lady only partly covered with a blanket lying on a bed.  She yelled for me not to take a photo of her, well I had no intension of doing so, not today, not ever!  So I quickly shot a corner shot of living room, bathroom and kitchen and made a hasty retreat.  By now I was perspiring heavily, it was just hot.  The rest of the units were much better kept and went smoothly.

I was glad to drive away and park under a tree nearby as I waited for the two to quit talking so I could take the front photo.  Eventually they did just that and I got my photo.  Once I had the photos shot then I did a field review of an appraisal that was completed in 2005.  I think the appraiser was high on value, higher than anything that sold at that time in the neighborhood.  So after completion of the exterior photos I headed home. 

The little bug was struggling with the heat but kept me cool as I drove.  I was listening to a great book, one I've heard before but it is good and that helps the miles pass by.

I stopped at Red Robin for a garden burger and along with the salad it was very good.  Then it was back to the house to meet up with Jason and family as they stopped by briefly to pick up Jason's car since he left it here on Friday when we travelled to Tahoe.  His car is solid black and it was really hot when he left.

Now its bedtime once again, the bedroom AC is cranking away keeping the bedroom chilly so sleep is possible.  My heart goes out to people who do not have adequate cooling.  Its just hard to escape the heat.  It was even hot up at the time share on the ridge but cooled in the evening when the wind came up.

So at this point I'm sending to love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment