Saturday, June 8, 2013

Family Rest Day

Imagine my surprise when I woke to a back ache, what was happening, I mentally scanned the prior day, no unusual lifting, no reason for such pain but then I looked at the clock, I had failed to set the alarm for 7 as I had planned and it was after 9 and I was just waking up, well there went my plans.

So I quickly got up, showered, checked in with Lois, she was hanging in in spite of losing her precious little kitty last night, I asked if I could join her for breakfast at McDonalds and I did that.

By the time I reached Los Medonas College campus where the huge swim meet was under way it was over 100 degrees, hundreds of families had little shade devices set up with towels on the concrete and chair set in a circle, no matter what it was hot and the kids seemed to take it all in stride.  Kallie had already did the first part of her day and did well swimming,   She was resting up for the next round which took place after 12.  I had taken the ipad so she played for awhile and I eventually left with Keanna to meet the cousins at Cheese Factory for lunch.  It was a good meeting point for both of us and our lunch was good once we had a chance to be seated, seems a lot of other people also enjoy the same place.  It was fun to get to chat with Julie, Jo's mom who is visiting until the 12th and watch the kids interact.

We followed them back to their home in San Jose and then to the complex pool, all four kids had fun, Jason, Mia, Timothy and Keanna.  They play so nicely together. 

We headed home about 6:30 and it was still about 90 degrees.  We arrived to find Kallie and the neighbor kids swimming in their pool and Steve and Nikki were chilling, I mean really chilling as they have an excellent system, zoned to put the cooling right where you want it in the house. 

I found myself very energized by the day and when I pulled in I headed out to trim a Butterfly bush that was out of control, reaching for the sky with purple flowers 3 feet high.  So using this little device that trims I waded in, wow there were lots of branches that needed trimming, soon the yard was filed high with cut branches.  The next step was to stuff them in the green trash can as it was getting really dark.  Then I found the gas trimmer Jason is allowing me to hold for him and it started on the first pull, I tell you that does not always happen.  So as it was really dark I turned the porch light on and trimmed the yard, this time the line did not break or fail and it went smoothly, then the lawn mower started on its first pull and I mowed the tiny front yard.  I was not done though.

My black car was covered with bug splatters that happened as I drove home from Lodi on Wednesday evening.  The window was covered and smeared from my vain attempts to clean it with the fluid that the car squirts.  The first hose I pulled out to soak the car broke at the wall, not good.  So I tried another hose from the other side of the house and it would not reach where the car was parked, so I moved the car not wanted to be put off the task at hand.

Now the car could be reached by a stream of water but the normal bucket I use was not anywhere I could find.  I remember now its on the back porch, oh well I found a big salad bowel, put some dove in and mixed it around and I was in business.

Then there was a new sponge I had purchased at one of the Dollar Tree trips but where was it?  So I looked in all the normal places and it was not there, finally I located it on the counter in the kitchen by the toaster oven?? Why, not sure.

Now having located the tools I headed out to the car, applied a heavy layer of soapy water and enjoyed the cooling effects of the leaking hose, the cool water and the total darkness which now enveloped the entire process.  Once I was completed and many bugs were gone I drove around the neighborhood to air dry the car and you know it looks good, real good, well that is until the light of day.

Now I'm doing loads of wash and enjoying the positive effects of having the AC on to ward off the heat which is still out there.  I see the evening is cooling off well, the nifty weather station says it is 75 outside, do I believe?  Not really.

So that is the report from me to you.  Got to see all the little people and their parents, I always love that, the car is doing great, since the recent repair it seems to be getting about 44+ mpg and you know I love that!

I hope your day was enjoyable in spite of the heat, the rumor is that we will be cool tomorrow, I hope so.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment