Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Today was a lot of miles travelled!

Good evening,

Up at 6:30, breakfast at 7 and working by 7:15.  Finished a very challenging relocation appraisal today with very little evidence to go on, in Albany, great area but very small with only a few townhomes in the entire town.

I finished and emailed the report in just in time, 10:30, to leave for my Napa appointment.  Actually this property was not in Napa, it was 10 miles out of Napa up in the hills east of Napa.  One gets there by driving to Fairfield, then taking country roads which lead right to it.

Once there I was overwhelmed by the friendliness of the owners.  While I was there about a dozen different kinds of birds visited, squirrels jumped from limb to limb in the tall trees behind the house and deer were visiting in the front yard.  The guy had a 55 Chevy in the garage and a 49 ford pickup in the driveway, the wife makes beautiful quilts and they are at peace with the world, 16 grandchildren and just enjoying life. 

Driving the comps was pretty interesting as everything is located on hills with narrow roads between.

My next stop was in Oakland that one was interesting as well.  Warned by the MLS that the lower level was perhaps not permitted I was not surprised to find 6 and 7 foot ceilings so I can give it very little value in the report.  There is a little house in the back yard as well.  Everything is very nice and there are 6 offers on the property so that lets you know that buyers find it desirable in spite of its age and lower level without permits.

Once I finished driving the comparables I then turned to Freeway 13 to get to to Highway 24 which would lead me to 680 and Alamo.  This one was a review of someones appraisal.  Once I was through then I headed home and found traffic beginning to clear.  I stopped at Fuddruckers for a vegeburger and salad.  It was so good and I had just enough calories left in Lose It.  The food was really great and I was so hungry that it all worked out.

Now I'm home having driven about 200 miles and getting 42.5 mpg for the last tank, 517 miles and not on empty yet.  Diesel was $3.89 so the fillup was less than $50.

Was thankful to pull into the driveway tonight,  Tired but pleased and of course $500 in the mail helps too.

Tomorrow Jessy is coming and there is work for her to do.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment